PC Errors

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
knapp21
Team: Privateer

PC Errors

Post by knapp21 »

Hey guys, I've posted a few threads about this machine but I'm finally takin some action to get it goin better. I upgraded my graphics card to a EVGA GTX260. I picked it up brand new on craigslist for $50. I downloaded Gamebooster 3. I also expiermented with overclocking. (Being careful, even though I don't even care if I blow this damn thing up). I've only overclocked 10% on the video card and I overclocked from 2.3 ghz to 2.45 ghz. I finally was getting decent framerate (25fps) on the 02 server with 20 some riders. I did a "Diagnostic test and I'm gettin a few errors.

The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to create an illegal memory OpRegion, starting at address 0x0, with a length of 0x1000. This region lies in the Operating system's protected memory address range (0x0 - 0x9f800). This could lead to system instability

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: eeCtrl
Anyone know if these could be affecting my gameplay? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
INVADEtheLINE

Re: PC Errors

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Absolutely- the bad block can cause system lag, especially if it's in a black that's constantly accessed by MXS or The OS itself.
Your OS error with the 0x00 address, as well as your eeCTRL could be a result from the bad block, or just general OS corruptions.

Run Defrag to identify the bad blocks.
After, run in Cmd: chkdsk /r 1 (1 being the number of the HDD- Found in the DiskManagement utility) to attempt a repair.

You can also run a Cmd prompt: with chkdsk /r/w to try and attempt HW and SW correction.
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

I ran the defrag and chkdsk. It said that it resolved all the problems yet it still says there is a bad block. Looks like I may need a new harddrive?
INVADEtheLINE

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

Yes, chances are if the chkdsk /r/w didn't resolve the issue, then you have a literal HDD error.