AMA Supercross

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
russ190
Team: Privateer

Re: AMA Supercross

Post by russ190 »

Phathry25 wrote:It is nice. Too bad it's in the ghetto, and parking and traffic is a total nightmare. I sat in the stadium until 10:45, got to my truck about 10:50, and didn't move an inch until 11:30. Milville is in the middle of nowhere, there is one road leading to it, its two lanes, and traffic wasn't even close to near as bad as in Indy. What's wrong with the north end of town, that stadium would be a perfect fit there, but in the ghetto...joke...
I was there too. Great seats for me. I was near the end of the first rythem section. was great watching guys hit different lines. I didnt think parking was bad...i just parked away from the stadium, waiting like 10 min for everyone to rush out like morons then i left after all the podium stuff. Walked to my truck got in, got into traffic for maybe 5 minutes then hit my turn off to the interstate back to the hotel. might have took me 15 min to get back to the hotel. i parked away near my exit because i knew traffic would suck...plus i was not going to pay 30 bucks for parking in some areas lol
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

Man, we parked really close to the stadium like next to subway and white castle in that 10 dollar lot.. We probably sat in traffic 5 minutes and then we hit 70/65 and were outta there.. And russ190, we watched practice from that section, after the entire day of racing im still not sure which line was faster! Seemed like they always ended up in the corner at the same time no matter what line they took. I hope somebody makes that track for mxs, it was an awesome track...
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Did anybody notice how fast Phil Nicoletti was? He's a hometown rider for me and I was bummed to see he didn't make the second start. The same guy that took him out in the heat is the one that caused the 15 man pileup. I don't like that guy very much :|
Last edited by kevin131mx on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Darryn Durham?

He's awesome. I hear he's the worlds greatest Excite bike player, and the pileup wasn't his fault at all. He was just trying to get to the first turn, just like everyone else. He was just the one that got bumped out and off tilt.
russ190

Post by russ190 »

there was 3 lines that i saw people using in the rythem. 2 lines to land on top of the table top and one to jump it. I couldent tell which was faster either lol. I thought Kilbarger had an interesting riding style. He rode well too. I think it was Lemoine had a great ride going and then made that mistake on the last lap behind izzi. But it was a very good race.
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Voutare wrote:Darryn Durham?.....and the pileup wasn't his fault at all. He was just trying to get to the first turn, just like everyone else. He was just the one that got bumped out and off tilt.
Yeah, that's him. I know it wasn't all his fault, but I was mad when he cleaned Phil out in the turn. They're both privateers, you'd think they'd play it safe if they're in a good position :D
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Doesn't Daryn ride for Star racing?
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

I'm not sure, but it's still a "privateer". Maybe not same as a privateer from the 80s, but he's far from a "factory rider". Star Racing and Motosport and such are 1 step down from "satellite teams". A satellite team would be like Monster/Pro Circuit, GEICO Powersports Honda, and Yahama of Troy.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

They aren't really privateer, in the classical sense of the word.

I don't see them pay for their own bikes or gas.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Actually Star racing is the Yamaha satellite time. YOT is now called Troy Racing, and is the team J-Law rides for. So much for that idea...