mxs sounds

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Netdemon01
Team: Privateer

Re: mxs sounds

Post by Netdemon01 »

Pointless video, as those sounds are NOT actually in the game. That is just video with dubbed over audio.

Here is the real video with the real sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6913lNFUVY

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I was gonna say, there the best sounds I've heard in a car game, especially the tyre friction noise
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

they are some pretty good sounds though some one made a wrx subaru sound and it sounded pretty identical to the real thing tht was my favorite sound setup when i played the game its not tht bad of a game id say its pretty realistic how ur tires heat up and start smoking more then eventually pop etc....id sit there and do burnouts and donuts all day XD
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

hey jlv do u think it would be possible to record the idle sounds rev limiter for mxs =/ ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I think I'll take another shot at crossfading and pitch shifting real sounds at some point. It didn't work for me the first time I tried it but I think I might just need better source material.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

If you need recordings, I might be able to get some. I wouldn't count on it though.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

jlv wrote:I think I'll take another shot at crossfading and pitch shifting real sounds at some point. It didn't work for me the first time I tried it but I think I might just need better source material.
sounds great i cant wait id be glad to help you out.<and theres ur period lol thts a 1st XD
MXCULTURE

Post by MXCULTURE »

How are the results going? Does it sound good (if anyone has worked on it)??
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Don't expect anything until after 1.2 is done. All I've done on this so far is fool around with some samples in audacity.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
zthomas95

Post by zthomas95 »

i agree, making more realistic sounds would be great, but i think only the 2 strokes need some improvement. to me, the thumpers sound pretty intact.