mxs sounds

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Re: mxs sounds

Post by FactoryBR21 »

I dont have any idea how you ride , because i just can feel the bike by sounds thats how i feel the the bike
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Well I DO suck at the game...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

hvpunk62 wrote: "i made sounds for lfs tht sounded pretty identical to the real cars and tht has to be a pretty identical setup caz there both set up on rpm power etc"
Hey hv..Why dont you give these a shot if you made them for lfs.. Just to see if you can get anything closer.. I think the 2-stroke sounds in this game are really really close.. Only the 4strokes maybe need a little work..
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

because i think only jlv has access to do tht
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

tht
Is there something wrong with your 'a' button when you type 'that'?

On topic, I'm sure that if you developed the sounds out of the game, and if they are any good, JLV could test them out. I think we should keep the sounds synthesized, is that how you made the sounds for the other game?
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

sry about my lil abbreviation for THAT lol well its kinda hard to explain there was like a sound option thing and there was ahhh nvrm im just making my self sound like an idiot i cant really explain it i dont play the game or have it no more or id take a pic
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

hvpunk62 wrote:sry about my lil abbreviation for THAT lol well its kinda hard to explain there was like a sound option thing and there was ahhh nvrm im just making my self sound like an idiot i cant really explain it i dont play the game or have it no more or id take a pic
I play LFS all the time.

Are you talking about the in game sound editer? Its pretty crappy in my opinion.

They came out with a program called CSR (Car Sound Mixer) that let you import new sounds. Basically it took real sounds at different RPM levels (1000,2000,3000,4000,5000,6000,7000) and you sort of mesh them together in a sense. Theres a set for Acceleration and Deceleration, because engines obviously sound different in those scenarios. Then, based on your throttle input, you could add intake sounds (to give it that grunt when you mashed the gas), and a couple of other things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjIM1zMF ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1vnYeMe21k
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

they sound nice

Rfactor has nice sounds too
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

yessss thnk u for that shack exactly wht i was talking about and yes i made sounds for it also u could put sound files in ur folder giving some cars the chirp when shifing ,whistle from the turbo,or even that backfiring which i think would be cool in mxs
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Dirtbikes don't have turbos. :D
moorin

Post by moorin »

tbh iv stopped playing mxs because of the sounds, am sick of 2 strokes that sound like my sound card is lagging and a four stroke that sounds like a fat kid farting, really un-realistic there like sega saturn sounds.
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

my point xactley
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

for a crisper two stroke sound open up multi channel sound manager (i assume all xp machines have it) and in the sound effects tab set the 'KEY' to +4. you can also play around with the equalizer but key works well. The problem is it makes all the 4t sound whiny too :roll:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I was checking out some of those videos and the sound is really impressive. Does anyone know exactly how it works? I guess they have samples for every 1000 rpms or so, but does anyone know how the blending works? Pitch + cross fade? I had tried that initially and it didn't work well.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

no clue how it works i just used it =] but jlv i hope everything works out good for u and we get new sounds some day XD
id play mx sim 100x more