post pics of your desktop

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: post pics of your desktop

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Here's a gooood desktop with gravitational lensing!

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: post pics of your desktop

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:51 am I never checked. I just love the new level of detail! Here's the difference...

"How far back can Webb see compared to Hubble?
In terms of distance, the James Webb Space Telescope can see as far back as 13.6 billion lightyears, which is about 9 times as far as the Hubble. Its massive mirror(array), as well as its infrared technology, allows it to peer through space dust and observe objects that the Hubble could not.
"

I should've posted the link to the 100+ Mb download since this gets blurry. NASA has the good ones.
Here's the computer breaker.... https://stsci-opo.org/STScI-01GQQF9WVPF ... 4N2TAR.png
I agree it's an upgrade over Hubble, but that quote is nonsensical. It doesn't have more range than Hubble. It has more resolution. Does the person who wrote that really think Hubble can only see things closer than 1.5 billion light years away?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.