MX "IS" the hardest sport on the planet

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

Re: MX "IS" the hardest sport on the planet

Post by scheeve3 »

indeed, a lot of people don't understand how hard it is to ride offroad, in ruts. And if it's even slightly sandy the frontwheel always wanna go to the wrong direction.

But their are so many demanding sports on so many levels. Like I go play some snooker nearly every week. If you see those guys on tv, doing easely 50+ breaks, at least a century per match you think oh hell that's easy. And the first time I played some snooker I was happy if I didn't missed a ball. Not pysical demanding at all, but mentally it's very tough, 10 hours a day at the table is an ordinary thing for those pro's.
If I play 2 hours in a row my concentration is totally gone. My highest break so far, 9, red, black, red. If you know that O'Sullivan already made 11 max breaks of 147 ... and an countless amount of century's than you know it isn't easy at all.

Same thing with car racing. I would die in race car. I can't stand the heat at all, not even in a normal car that stood in the sun for a while. Those guys are fighting against G-powers, hitting the same lines time after time again, talk to their crew chiefs ... all in a blistering heat of around 50°C, if they're lucky.

But is still do think soccer is for gays :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
yfz22
Team: Privateer

Post by yfz22 »

Kawasakis wrote:but so many people see it like just sit there and twist the throttle.
Its really annoying when people say that, especially when it comes from some kid who plays stick and ball sports :roll:

My other personal favorite is "Oh, you race motocross? So you do backflips and stuff?"

Yup, just sit there and backflip.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Motocross is kind of like bull riding. The bull does all the work.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
FnF_greg

Post by FnF_greg »

Hearing people say racing dirtbikes is easy sounds very familiar to me.
Especially when i was younger allot of friends where like, yeah its just like riding a bicycle but just with a motor under it.
Funny enough i used to have a little track behind my house in the woods and when friends came over i ocasionally letted them run some laps on it , but i had to stop offering them the rides cause they had some very brutal crashes .. One i remember the best is a friend saying he rides a 250 2 stroke at his home so i was like okay yeah here go do a lap on my 250f, he hopped on pinned it wide open and crashed into a tree .. i thought he was dead for a second .. Luckily he was okay, but then i realised that no one is going to ride my bike whatsoever, they can claim to have allot of experience but i'd rather not see them nearly crash to death.

On the other hand then, i allways rode very deep rutted bumpy sand tracks (mostly in holland & track in belgium like Lommel..) and someday a friend who i bmx'ed allot with came along to a sand track and after nagging the whole day i was like okay you can go do some laps but you gonna ride safe and slow or i'll pull you of the track.. He had instantly a very beautifull riding style and few weeks later he bought his own bike and we raced together for a few years since then. So i guess it's allot depending on the person.

Now the problem is with me that i find allot of other sports very very boring to do, soccer , fitness , cycling, running whatever .. it's all to braindead or something i dunno, guess i'm to used to the 100 % concentration while racing after being on a bike for 17 years straight.
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Devins comment just killed me
Trevor
Crushed Dissenter
Team: 21 Savage

Post by Trevor »

Devin's Answer was the best, I lost it
JerryLaw
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JerryLaw »

Ddavis wrote:
I did sugar coat myself a little but, BUT, my girlfriends little sister was getting ready for dinner for her soccer game tomorrow and I mentioned pasta and chicken and she said "You're not supposed to eat pasta and chicken before you work out" and I said uhhh yes you are it's like the best thing you can eat before a game and she said "How do you know?" and I bullshitted her a little bit but I said "Because I was an athlete" and she said "HAHAHA you rode a dirt bike you sat on a bike and tried not to fall off" :shock: :| :? :evil: Then her mom continued to say my opinion is valid BECAUSE if a SPELLING BEE can be considered a sport then she "guesses" that Motocross can be too. Then I said there was a statistic that said motocross is more physically demanding than professional mens soccer (Soccer family) and she laughed in my face and told me to please bring that up (Which I can't find ANYWHERE :roll: )
Damn I would've said fuck you and your family and left her :lol:
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Ddavis wrote:Then her mom continued to say my opinion is valid BECAUSE if a SPELLING BEE can be considered a sport then she "guesses" that Motocross can be too.
That's when you offer to let them come to the track and try to keep up with you. I've never had anyone take me up on that offer, and I'm slow.
That guy on the two stroke
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The greatest F1 driver, Kimi, says it's the most physical sport he's done.

Direct time: https://youtu.be/tPRJh1tv24E?t=591

I'm just bumping this thread from the dead because it's Kimi & I just thought it was cool an F1 driver thinks it too, I can't image that many athletes sharing Kimi's view or even acknowledging it's a sport, like Donovan McNabb on fucking NASCAR :lol:
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com