Army talk (Voutare and Cuzmxer544)

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
cuzmxer544
Team: Privateer

Army talk (Voutare and Cuzmxer544)

Post by cuzmxer544 »

this is my frist time posting on this site. i usually just get on and read everything and downloads stuff. i have been with this game since the beggining and i love this game. the online racing is amazing. i am kirby544 online. but i have a few problems with it, i rarely get to finish any races because people keep restarting over and over again befor the 2nd lap and it gets realy annoying. and its all the guys that fall in the first corner or just cant keep up and they restart. also when guys are getting on and want a restart but no one will they just keep on requesting a restart or keep on typin please restart. its like there whole purpose in life is to annoy everyone. the only other thing that really pisses me off are all the guys that cant keep up and just decide to cut the track everywhere and tbone you. that has to stop. sometimes i start getting so mad at some of these guys i have to get off and not play for the rest of the day. i absolutly love this game and im about to go to iraq in two weeks and this game will be occupying most of my time over there because there isnt shit goin on there anymore the whole fight is in afganistan now. sorry for the big post i know everyone always gets lit up for this but i had to get it out.
Voutare

Re: MXS Online Racing Discussion

Post by Voutare »

Aye. What branch are you in?

I'll be going to college in a ROTC program for the Army in a year.

And yeah, I agree with everything you said. :D
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

im in the marine corps. its not all that bad the only thing that sucks is leavin my wife for 7 months at a time to go to iraq its pointless there is literally nothing at all going on there anymore i dont even know why we are going. are you enlisting in the army?
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

Thats So cool. once im done school Im going to join the army but maybe the navy but Im candian.
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

if any of you have any questions about any branch i may be able to help you out. dont listen to recruters they will tell you anything you want to get you to join. every branch has there own perks. it all depends on what you want or need out of it. i joined the marines for a resume booster, i was a city of flint police officer in michigan before i joined and to get the promotion i would have had to either go to school for 4 more years and get my masters or join the marin corps so i joined. i figured i would have more fun doing this and plus my wife wanted to travel alittle bit. im sorry this has got way off topic so if anyone have any questions just start a new post in the off topic.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

cuzmxer544 wrote:im in the marine corps. its not all that bad the only thing that sucks is leavin my wife for 7 months at a time to go to iraq its pointless there is literally nothing at all going on there anymore i dont even know why we are going. are you enlisting in the army?

Well, It's still up in the air.

With how the economy is, I really don't know if I want to make my parents pay for college. My mom got her hours cut, my father is on temp. layoff, and I don't know. I'm still a Junior in highschool, so I have some time.

My cousin actually was #3 on the acceptance list for West Point, too bad, but he went to Virginia Military Academy, and ended up leaving, as he didn't want to leave his girlfriend behind. So now he's stuck paying ridiculous tuition at UVM. :/ (He had the 4 years free too)

I wanted to go to UVM for a ROTC program(As I believe if you enlist it is free, correct?), go through Freshmen and Sophomore years as a civilian and enlist, and do my upper classmen years in the Army, graduate, and go to the Corps of Engineers. I have a friend who enlisted in the Air Force, and he gave me some pretty good ideas about that. (Arm chair fighting.), and he said that they will pay for his education while he is in the Air Force, and sit around Germany doing nothing, but that's not what I really want to do. I'd rather serve, not sit in some room playing CoD4.

And I have another friend who is shipping out next month in the Marines, he said enlist and get your degree later, so I don't know what to do.
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

this is in reply to vouture. as for the whole ROTC thing i have no idea about any of that. but with the marine corps if you want to go to school whial you are in you can and its completely free. you can take classes at a building on the base and it will count for credit at just about every college in the us. and on top of that you get the G.I. bill which is 80,000 towards school, starting a buisness, and housing whial in school when you get out of the corps. so if you would like to serve and have fun then do the school after if thats what you want to do. its kinda the same with the army. navy, and airforce. they are alittle different. i woulf really look into all the branches befor you decide. if you have any questions just ask and i will help with anything i can.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Hmm.

I was looking more toward making it my career, so with enlisting, I dunno how that would work. I'm going to have to look it up some more, I guess.

EDIT:

Just read up on it, and it says that you can enlist, and make your way through your term while going to school to become an Officer, which seems fair to me. Now it's just a matter of, do I want to enlist and get shipped out, or do I want to go to college and do nothing.
epik

Post by epik »

go to college and do nothing.

Live the dream bro and enjoy it while you can.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

epik wrote:go to college and do nothing.

Hah. I dunno, I don't really want to go in without prior experience. :/ Maybe I'll enlist in the National Guard and go to college, then transfer into active Army.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

epik wrote:go to college and do nothing.

:? Damn i'm at 1st year of high schol and i'm studying like a bitch. Some guys are saying that the last year on High school is killer and even more the college. I Live at Brazil but i dont think so things would change that much.
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
cuzmxer544

Post by cuzmxer544 »

you dont need any prior experience. thats what bootcamp is for. thats all the training your gonna need to know what to do. after boot camp you will go to a specialized school for what ever MOS (job) you are going into. the national guard isnt bad if you play it right you could get a big sign on bonus up to 40,000. but like i have said before any branch is good and they all have there own special perks.

P.S. if you all still have questions or just want to talk about it please start a new post in the off topic so we dont take up all this space on the online discussion. i am more than happy to answer any questions or give advice.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

(Very geniune) Thanks to those of you protecting our freedom.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
frederick
Team: Adept

Re: Army talk (Voutare and Cuzmxer544)

Post by frederick »

Freedom? It feels like usa is the country that is sending soilders all over the world.

(dont take that offensive I dont wanna start a fight.)
Voutare

Re: Army talk (Voutare and Cuzmxer544)

Post by Voutare »

frederick wrote:Freedom? It feels like usa is the country that is sending soilders all over the world.

(dont take that offensive I dont wanna start a fight.)

Leave it to the Swede...

And yeah, I waited for DJ to change this before I responded. But as I said, I'm not saying prior experience as in bootcamp, I know I'll get that O-1 or E-1. What I am saying is if I want to go through the Enlisted ranks, and go to officer school while in there, or just go straight to college.

I hear most people prefer Mutangs, but I don't know, I'd like to come in with experience. And it will be even more free, with enlistment bonuses as you said. Although I am not sure what the US Army is doing with that.

And Fred, just because our country is imperialistic doesn't mean that our citizens are assholes to the world too. Just doing a job, and just like Vietnam, you had to do it, like it or not. (Or you could be a wimp and go to Canada).

EDIT:

And Obama is president, so I'm sure a lot of our military spending and deployment will be cut.