Downhill/Freeride thread

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Downhill/Freeride thread

Post by mace-x »

This thread is for anything related to extreme freeride or downhill, i´ll start posting this sick vid of thomas vanderham, he´s awesome!

Well, i´m bored of bmx and i got a little money so i want a freeride/downhill bike, what would you recomend?
i´m trying to get a Demo 8 2006, hope to be able to get it! :D
or might be a santa cruz bullit?
the bullit is $500 with a 5th element shock
The Demo is $800 with a dhx 4.0 shock
damn!
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Downhill/Freeride thread

Post by Pumaxcs »

There are all these urban downhill helmet cams that are cool but this one has remained my favorite no matter what I watch. I'm not even a fan of kids but this one is a badass.

Then artistically I think this one is impressive.

http://vurbmoto.com/videos/500m-cable-cam/11802/
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

Me doing some pre-season testing on one of the nationals tracks. Such an awesome track nearly 4 kms long with a variety of different terrain. Got so cold some days i was riding in ski gloves and ski pants :lol:

I've got plenty of other videos so if you've got time to blow check it out: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKtm800?feature=watch

I'm not a fan of pre 2011 demos, they're just weird imo. I'd go with the santa cruz and use the spare $300 for upgrades.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
Joker

Post by Joker »

Sick thread!
i'm a Professional mtb rider, this is one of an example of what championship i'm gonna to do this season : http://www.ixsdownhillcup.com/index.php?lang=en
Maribor dh (28 sept 2013) :

btw, i post my fanpage if you want to follow me on the races, i'll post some races, results, go pros.. http://www.facebook.com/DylanCepel
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

You downhill mtb'ers are crazy. I could handle most of the on the ground stuff, but if I'm going to be doing jumps that big I want an engine so I can use the throttle to help smooth out landings and reduce the risk of stuffing the front wheel or whatever the mtb term for that is.
That guy on the two stroke
mace-x

Post by mace-x »

damn, now i´m between a 2006 demo for $800 and a 2005 karpiel disco volante for $600.

what about forks, wich one is better between boxxer, 888, fox 40, travis and dorado?
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

Travis of course
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

mace-x wrote:damn, now i´m between a 2006 demo for $800 and a 2005 karpiel disco volante for $600.

what about forks, wich one is better between boxxer, 888, fox 40, travis and dorado?
I use to swear by boxxer world cups until I tried 40s, once you go 40s you won't go back... :lol:

I'd go with the demo on that one
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Any video with Matt Hunter in is always going to be awesome. He builds the sickest lines!

Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

I had a Demo 8 2006 before i had to quit due to not being able to afford riding etc. Loved it, highly recommending it mace
mace-x

Post by mace-x »

Thanks midbeck, i´m totally between the demo and the karpiel, gotta gather some money first tho :( xD
Massacre ftw!

KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:Any video with Matt Hunter in is always going to be awesome. He builds the sickest lines!

[youtube]G_Jv0TkU2b[/youtube
His parts in strength in numbers are pretty hectic
Joker

Post by Joker »

[/quote]His parts in strength in numbers are pretty hectic[/quote]

take a look on Where the trails ends, and 3 minutes gaps, those films are pretty sick.

Where the trails ends trailer :
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZUsc1ewgUQ[/youtube]

And 3 mins gaps :
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-undXUc-08[/youtube]
KTM880

Post by KTM880 »

Yeah I've seen that, pretty hectic aswell
Chillin down at the Aussie nats, did a run with Sam Hill a troy brosnan. Nothing about their bikes is buy able. Pumped for seeding tomorrow
jox72

Post by jox72 »

I want summer noooooow! :mrgreen: