The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Bobber113

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Bobber113 »

Anyone on racerooms racing experience on steam? I well and truely love the game hold a few lap records on there to.

Think the sim aspect of it is spot on. And the sounds make it even better

Looking for a race if anyone fancies it got myself a private server to mess about with
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I have it, but don't have it installed. The graphics and sound are excellent, but I have rfactor 2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally amongst others installed to cover all of my needs. Sorry man. I should install it since I paid for some of the packs that gave me nothing other than more content. Nobody was online.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Bobber113

Post by Bobber113 »

Pm me your steam and we should spin some laps. Ill get the make shift wheel and chair set up (ironing board and the sofa ftw). :mrgreen:
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I have rfactor 2, iRacing, Assetto Corsa and DiRT Rally amongst others installed to cover all of my needs. Sorry man.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I played it when it came out as a beta... I found it quite bad tbh, since then never gave it a second shot.

Today I had my first day of iRacing... After a day of learning the cars, crashing, learning the tracks, crash some more and fiddling with settings I got my first win 8)

I do have a steering wheel setup question though. With the Mazda for example is it 1:1 accurate when I turn my wheel 360°, but after that the in game wheel turns slower as my real life wheel.
And for the indycar, the in game wheel has a turning ratio of just 180° (visually), but I can turn my wheel the full 1080°...

On automobilista if you set your in game wheel to 360° your real life wheel will lock once you reached the 360° limit.

Any ideas on how I can change that?
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Disable your hands and just show the wheel too see full rotation, it's less distracting too.

I don't remember the specific wheel settings to look for, Mark will have to help you with that. It might be something in your wheel profile or just need to align the wheel settings ingame because you can adjust it to turn more or less with your input.

My wheel is 1080 but could only get like 960 ingame so it was always a little off.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Just turn the hands off. Fucking console gaming bullshit. iRacing knows where it's bread is buttered...
pay2021
Team: Privateer

Post by pay2021 »

Did you recognize it?

MXGP3 mods here

https://www.facebook.com/MXGP2MODS/
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

So any sim racers using a newer steering wheel? I'm seriously considering a decent wheel for around $500 ish dollars. I really like the price point of the G29/920 however compared to the T300 or TX wheel from Thrustmaster it does not even seem close. The Thrustmaster has a way better FFB system and the eco system thing they have is great. The only issue I have the Thrustmaster is they take you to the bank with the add-ons which I need for ETS2/ATS (TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals). I'm kind of leaning towards the Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition w/ TH8A shifter right now. It's a little more than I want to spend, but wth. :lol:
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

How is the FFB system way better?
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I have a TX and it was a serious upgrade over my G25. Not sure how good the newer Logitech stuff is so can't really comment on that. The build quality on the TX is way superior to the G25.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Phathry25 wrote:How is the FFB system way better?
Uses a brushless motor and belts. Apparently is more precise than the gear system and has less of a dead zone.
TeamHavocRacing

It's good to see a legit answer with substance. Bravo!
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Thanks for the answer. I'm in the market for a wheel as my G27 is starting to do stupid things.

I had a thrustmaster rally gt wheel. It was junk, just barely outlasted the one year warranty. Dang FFB gear failed, not the gear but the slot that it fit into would break out. Not impressed.

I got a DFGT after that. Good wheel. Lasted plenty long. Throttle pot finally ended up going out on it. Upgraded to a G27, has to be at least 6 years ago. It loses center in rF2 unless I have a fair amount of damping. Fine so far in everything else.

Really want to make the jump to something direct drive, not sure about spending that type of money though. Isn't thrustmaster developing a servo driven wheel? Maybe I'll wait and grab a used accuforce v1 after the v2 comes out. No plans to race behind anything but a desk though, need to make sure that whatever I get will be easy enough to slide aside when I'm not racing.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Got my D license for both Road as oval racing 8)
Gonna do some no-lifing on Saturday, any in for that?
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)