The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
scheeve3

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by scheeve3 »

I was making a post... Ready for 24hours of racing!

But apparently we're in the bottom split with our team and everyone else decided eslewise ...

15 min in and 33 of the 58 teams are still running.
I can't blame my teammate for ruining the car, he already avoided 2 huge pile up's (leaders taking eachother out...) and this one was just a blind spot crash :evil:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

scheeve3 wrote:I was making a post... Ready for 24hours of racing!

But apparently we're in the bottom split with our team and everyone else decided eslewise ...

15 min in and 33 of the 58 teams are still running.
I can't blame my teammate for ruining the car, he already avoided 2 huge pile up's (leaders taking eachother out...) and this one was just a blind spot crash :evil:
Rip
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

If I have qualified in the midpack or back I just start from the pits, so I don't have to experience that at all.

Did it in our race. Didn't really have much "racing", but went from 58th to 21st before I handed it over to Mikey. So I guess team Mx Simulator is rocking top 20 at the moment 8)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I think I completely fucked it, Robin. Sorry man.

Like 2 laps left on this stint and I just got loose in blancimont :( 10 mins of required so we'll see..

I almost got us back on the lead lap after my stupid speeding in pits. Ugh you did really good Robin but I've let you down here.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

8 hours isn't too bad. The car is fine but it's just a little slow now but I need a break I can't do any more laps. I'll hop is later again hopefully pick up a few spots and see how that goes.

On to Le Mans though, I want to get an actual team for that!
My photography work
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I'd be happy to if there was more advanced planning and commitment. The way these come together in the 11th hour is just too rag tag. I suck compared to you guys, but could contribute if there was a solid plan more than 2 days out. Just my $.02.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Mikey wrote:I think I completely fucked it, Robin. Sorry man.

Like 2 laps left on this stint and I just got loose in blancimont :( 10 mins of required so we'll see..

I almost got us back on the lead lap after my stupid speeding in pits. Ugh you did really good Robin but I've let you down here.
No worries, it was fun to try to gain as many positions as possible and especially you working it. Now we can just drive to "gain back" some SR and lower the risk of loosing IR.
I will atleast do it so I can see how my main team is doing (Car 84) :P

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I'd be happy to if there was more advanced planning and commitment. The way these come together in the 11th hour is just too rag tag. I suck compared to you guys, but could contribute if there was a solid plan more than 2 days out. Just my $.02.
The team was actually formed on Tuesday and had already made a decent and stable setup by Wednesday. But we did actually decide to not run it because it was only me and Mikey untill we got a third guy 12 hours before the race start.

But for atleast me and Mikey, it was more just for fun and actually be able to make a team from this community. I for once didn't do more than 7 lap stints before I did my 3h and 30 min stint earlier today where my only goal was to make as little mistakes as possible.

But if you plan for Le mans early enough, you may get some decent planning. I can copy a spreedsheet my team has with availability and then people can sign up when they are available and not, so we can set up stints
TeamHavocRacing

I felt bad about my LeMans performance and definitely would want to have a more serious, sober attempt at some effort.
02RR02 wrote:But if you plan for Le mans early enough, you may get some decent planning. I can copy a spreedsheet my team has with availability and then people can sign up when they are available and not, so we can set up stints
This is a great idea! Again, I feel I would drag you guys down, SOF wise so I would totally understand if I wasn't accepted into your ranks. I would be very serious about contributing if was though.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

No fuck that, you'll be racing. I'm pretty fast but I've binned the car twice now :lol: You'd be better off in the team than me.

Robin, we need to complete like 40 laps to gain a couple spots. I'll be able to do that but hopefully we can get a top 40 here
My photography work
TeamHavocRacing

Let me know plenty of time before the event which car and when. I felt really bad about both crashing on my outlap and having to pull in way too early to pee cuz I drank beers when we did LeMans.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Let me know plenty of time before the event which car and when. I felt really bad about both crashing on my outlap and having to pull in way too early to pee cuz I drank beers when we did LeMans.
lmao a beer endurance race? Atleast I know Nate will be racing then!

Robin, we need to do 85ish laps by race end and we will finsih 41st. I need another break but we gotta get this done!
My photography work
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Big Robin blasting around in the beat up Audi

My photography work
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

In the end we got P15 and I gained 5 irating :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I need to read up on how all of this works. I've never really looked into it or how the spotter system works.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

If you're in Discord it's moot. Someone is always in keeping you company or spotting, or at least when we did.