The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I managed to play DiRT Rally 2.0 for about 3 hours today before it crashed. I had finally come to terms with this new driving model by that time though. Higher fidelity/more frames means adjusting your input timing compared to DR 1 and it's more adjustable in setups. It is easy to have the graphics settings too steep for a smooth framerate at first with native resolution. I also forgot about the persistent damage modeling where your car keeps any damage from a shakedown, practice or race until you have enough money to fix it lol. You start out with the cars but no money.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

What are some of you guys using for wheel setups? I'm going to get space for VR again soon and I'd like to go back and try car racing again. I had a G27 before and liked it as a kit but the pedals were stiff and I didn't like the size of the wheel being kind of smaller. Even if it means buying things piecemeal and not a kit I'd like something that felt smoother but still being realistic pricing as I'm only going to use it like twice a week or so most likely.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

I've always been fairly low budget. I have a G27 I used since 2012 that's just a bit clapped-out in the main steering Hub shaft. $300 I replaced it with a G29 last fall and I love it. Also $300. A friend had a Fanatec Carrera he paid a little bit over 400 bucks for and it is fantastically smooth and comfortable. I can't speak for any other brands without trying them myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Logitech is the only way to go for budget setups. Brakes are supposed to be stiff, guess you’ll have to stop skipping leg day.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Could be a number of things like my stand involved too I guess. Just always felt like when I hit the petals after a race I'd always have to readjust them into place again. Also, don't necessarily mean budget, just not so much as to be a down payment on a new car. I'm not against getting a G29, its why I asked for opinions but just being more specific about what I thought.

I was thinking of getting a Fantec set up with pedals and wheel then getting the shifter, nicer wheel, and maybe ebrake add-on if I prove to use it enough. The wheel/base/pedals are like $500 and then a seat stand for another $250? Is there a better route to go through Thrustmaster maybe or any opinion on dedicated seats? I'd like to get a seat because it can double up on a few games like Elite Dangerous with a stick, etc. I liked my stand and having something dedicated to the wheel compared to having it on my desk but I didn't like my stand in use so if I'm spending more on a stand my thought is to just get a full kit at that point.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah you could try this and then buy a third pedal.

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/pr ... nd-pc.html

I think it's pretty good kit especially for the price, I wouldn't mind doing the same but just go for the F1 wheel.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

The CSL kit is the one I was thinking. How does the third pedal add-on work? I do like going that route with the CSL kit though because entry isn't too bad but gives plenty of space to improve if I decide too.

Any opinions on cockpit setups? The Arrozi kit looks nice for only $200 and pretty adjustable but there is something to say about that adjustability too if it might move around or become loose. Does anyone here have a dedicated seat like that or know of brands to look at?

https://www.amazon.com/Arozzi-Velocit%C ... 2215393011
MXS Cares
TeamHavocRacing

How come I didn't even dream of this??? ....https://www.iracing.com/lucas-oil-off-r ... h-iracing/

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah sorry Kev I know absolutely nothing about cockpits. I guess I'd just base it off other reviews and how you want your actual setup to be.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing

I'm doing this to justify cleaning my hard drive. Enjoy...
TeamHavocRacing

... :oops: :oops: :oops: Please delete!!!
TeamHavocRacing

Dakar is on sale for 25 bux on Steam right now. Thanks for the review Kellen. If you see this. Helped give a good idea of how vast a desert they modeled.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

You can say I have kind of got the urge to make edits again :lol: