The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

There's an improvement in visuals, surfaces and a bit in physics, like slippery wet surfaces and standing water to start.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

How does it feel compared to Rally?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

I think DiRT 4 feels better, but I go back to Rally for Pikes Peak and Wales, Greece, Finland etc. and the car selection too. It's a small difference, but it's there nonetheless, making it definitely better. Trophy trucks are totally rad in it! I really wish there would be an earnest attempt at re-creating Mickey Thompson stadium trucks and include the L.A. Coliseum. Phat helped with the best effort yet with CORR and CORR2 for rFactor and the MadCowie tracks too. The tech has matured enough to make it an easy job for a dev team. Licensing would be the hurdle.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

Id be interested in the 24h
TeamHavocRacing

So that's Scheeve, Jesse, Danny and me so far. Seriously, or just toying with the idea? I'm super duper cereal.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:So that's Scheeve, Jesse, Danny and me so far. Seriously, or just toying with the idea? I'm super duper cereal.
I'm dead serious. I really want to give this a go.

But I'm so new to the game (started last summer) that I don't even have a clue how to sign up.
For example that roar before 24h.. I would like to do that to get used to very ... very ... very long stints.

And I suck at pitstop adjustments xD
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

scheeve3 wrote:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:So that's Scheeve, Jesse, Danny and me so far. Seriously, or just toying with the idea? I'm super duper cereal.
I'm dead serious. I really want to give this a go.

But I'm so new to the game (started last summer) that I don't even have a clue how to sign up.
For example that roar before 24h.. I would like to do that to get used to very ... very ... very long stints.

And I suck at pitstop adjustments xD
Or you could jump into the hosted sessions and do full fuel stints like I always do :mrgreen:

Kind of hoped on racing GTE this year, but ended up driving the Merc...
TeamHavocRacing

We could do the roar before the 24 2.4 hour race next weekend to see what we can see? Get a median setup all can agree/handle. See who's serious. Then hope for the best the next weekend after that for the full monte. I had fun despite doing so bad at LeMans.
http://www.iracing.com/specialevents/
|
Hoffman, you dtc?
|
DannyBoy

Post by DannyBoy »

I'm down, I'll renew my subscription this week if we're planning on doing it!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

FUCK!!! I'm an idiot.
I assumed the 24 hrs would be the same weekend as the real one...
20-21 january I'll be having New Years receptions starting from Friday evening till Sunday afternoon :(
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Crosscart has really weird handling O.o
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Also forgot, what does the numbers mean in the co-driver notations? The 1-6 turns I get, but the "100 over bumps 200" etc. The 100, 200, 110 etc is what I am wondering about :shock:
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That should be the distance to that feature on the road.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
TeamHavocRacing

Not sure what Yzed meant, but to clarify that's be the distance to the next feature. They'll leave you hanging as to what's next. "Right 3, 200.....wait for it.....ACUTE LEFT!!!" :twisted: . I change the "co-driver calls" slider two clicks or so earlier to avoid last second notes. You have to remember more though. I'm going to practice Daytona 24 all this week to be more prepared.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:Not sure what Yzed meant, but to clarify that's be the distance to the next feature. They'll leave you hanging as to what's next. "Right 3, 200.....wait for it.....ACUTE LEFT!!!" :twisted: . I change the "co-driver calls" slider two clicks or so earlier to avoid last second notes. You have to remember more though. I'm going to practice Daytona 24 all this week to be more prepared.
Haha good to know. I usually hear "200 Bumps 150" and then silence haha. So I guess it's a cliffhanger to what happens after 150 :lol: I'll do some more rallying and see if I need them to call earlier. I'm still on the slowest car so late calls isn't a problem yet :lol: Also I don't get how the "team" thing works. Guess I need to buy cars or something.