The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I just saw that the Roar Before The 24 is only the Kia Optima, Ford Mustang and Global Mazda MX5.
The Daytona 24 has these cars....Let's try to agree on one way early and get some practice and setups before raceday. I'd say GT3 to start and I like the Ford GTE. Go!

Corvette C7 DP
Audi R8 GT3 LMS
Mercedes AMG GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3
Ferrari 488 GTE
Ford GT GTE
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

OK, so. Fuck the Ford. I went with the Benzo and found a good, stable setup for anyone to try and tweak and re-upload. If you wish...http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 18774.page
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

What day is it again?
TeamHavocRacing

Jan 21, 2017 at 8 AM to Jan 22, 2017 at 8 AM EST

Jesse said it depends on the car. How about the Mercedes?
I just ran a 40 min race with the Benz and that setup and came out the other side actually plus on points and I didn't spin all the way around or hit anyone. That's a miracle for me and a testament to that combo especially after only an hour or so of practice. Tons more laps to come.

P.S. I will be sober and wearing a Depend undergarment on race day this time because I'm that serious.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Ummm... it's 2018 now though. I'm assuming the 20th to the 21st...

I'm planning to do a 3hr ice race on the 21st right now. Depending on weather that weekend, if it looks anything but goldilocks I'll probably stay home. That said I should be available for most of Saturday. Just nothing overnight. If someone is still interested in having me I can help with driving and setup.

Let me know when you want to run some laps and I can hop on. Tried joining Havoc last night but the session was full.
TeamHavocRacing

Sorry about the wrong date. I'm too old to be racing past midnight. The young'uns should be able take up that slack. I hope we don't have to do 4hr stints again. :cry: I'll be on every day this week.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Didn't see you on last night... ran 9 lonely laps in the merc with whatever setup I had loaded. Little wild on the brakes, but stable everywhere else. Probably a high downforce setup lol. Will try your setup if we ever get together and you share it with me.

My good pedals are on the fritz. Will have to build a better mounting solution for my backup pedals tonight. Will be on when that's done.
TeamHavocRacing

I ran my laps right when I got home. Usually around 4:30 west coast. I ran another 45 min race and went from 25th to 13th without collisions again. That's gonna be my routine right up to race day.
Here's that setup. It's tough to turn right in the chicane with it. Feel free to suggest another car if this won't jibe.
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 18774.page
TeamHavocRacing

Phathry25 wrote:Let me know when you want to run some laps and I can hop on. Tried joining Havoc last night but the session was full.
I missed your race by a minute. I practiced too long and had to eat.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I was in a practice session. 8)
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I think your setup is locked in a regional sub forum Havoc, I clicked the link but got a permission error.
TeamHavocRacing

Ok. I'll save it with a little less fuel. Wondering how many others we're really gonna have on race day. If there ain't enough, then I'll bag.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

We'll see. I'm sure more people will join as it gets closer.

I ran about 10 laps with your setup. I don't think its right for the Merc. From what I can tell the Merc makes all it's time down the straights, so you need to square up the corners and just mat the gas. The setup you shared was trying to be more delicate, didn't really plant the rear end for the hard acceleration that the Merc needs. I found one I like, I was running mid 1:43s pretty easily. I'll share next time I see you, try to show you the lines I'm running too.
TeamHavocRacing

Sounds good. I got down to 1:46.6 with it.
TeamHavocRacing

I see Phat and Hoffman on Discord. I'm back on. Going into the next possible race and another after that to make up for lost time. I need. HMU with that setup if you see this Phat.