The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Winning!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I feel like there is some backstory I need filled in on here :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

He took me out twice in 3 days time on Indy fixed Las Vegas. The one time he didn't took me out I won lol.
And then he reports me for voice chat abuse :lol: I hope it backfires as his moves were just plain idiotic.
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
TeamHavocRacing

This new age of cyber ego is out of control. We've had our share in here right from the beginning.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

What happens when I'm alone in an official iRacing race from the start and I quit? Could not find an answer. Didn't want to run 31 laps alone.
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

Nothing, you need (I think) 6 drivers starting the race to make it an official one.

Anyone who's doing Petit Le Mans this weekend btw?
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
TeamHavocRacing

I'm not doing LeMans, but I've been rallying a lot in DiRT 4...my first time through here...
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

How's Dirt 4 compared to Dirt Rally?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
TeamHavocRacing

At first I thought DiRT Rally was better, but after many hours in DiRT 4 I've decided it's better overall, despite having to share disciplines. Of course there's no Pikes Peak, but the beauty of the terrain, environment and weather modelling is better than DiRT Rally.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

What about the driving, is it more arcade-y?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
TeamHavocRacing

You have a choice. With all assists turned off and shifting set to H-pattern with clutch it's easy to blow a shift if you try and rush it, plus the physics and damage modeling are just as good if not better. I'm in Group B right now and it's tough to get through a 7 mile stage without making a mistake. You could torture yourself and set it to zero restarts, but mine is set at 5 per rally which could be 5 long stages with fog halfway through or a wreck on the side of the road you have to slow down for. Even though there's nobody online much anymore, the career is very long across 4 disciplines, albeit rally is split into 3 being modern, rallycross and historic. No drifting! No gymkhana! Just buy the damn thing when you get a chance! It's fun!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'll jump in... I have DiRT Rally but haven't played it much if at all :oops: Should I invest time in Rally, or buy Rally DiRT4 instead?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

They just announced dirt rally 2.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

yzmxer608 wrote:I'll jump in... I have DiRT Rally but haven't played it much if at all :oops: Should I invest time in Rally, or buy Rally DiRT4 instead?
I have both and like Rally better. You got RallyX in both games + Hillclimb in the Rally one. To me Xkart in Dirt 4 SUCKS. Can't control them at all, no fun. Trophy trucks and buggies are ok, but they were more fun in Dirt 2 (only spent a very few hours in Dirt 3). Dirt 2 was a lot more fun than 4 is. Rally to me has more to come back to as well. :)
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Phathry25 wrote:They just announced dirt rally 2.
Now this is interesting :shock: