The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:12 am

I managed to play DiRT Rally 2.0 for about 3 hours today before it crashed. I had finally come to terms with this new driving model by that time though. Higher fidelity/more frames means adjusting your input timing compared to DR 1 and it's more adjustable in setups. It is easy to have the graphics settings too steep for a smooth framerate at first with native resolution. I also forgot about the persistent damage modeling where your car keeps any damage from a shakedown, practice or race until you have enough money to fix it lol. You start out with the cars but no money.
You literally put "literally" literally in front of literally every literal word, literally! Literally assholes!

Nolite Oblivisci per Linteum Adducere

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 am

You literally put "literally" literally in front of literally every literal word, literally! Literally assholes!

Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Postby Pumaxcs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm

What are some of you guys using for wheel setups? I'm going to get space for VR again soon and I'd like to go back and try car racing again. I had a G27 before and liked it as a kit but the pedals were stiff and I didn't like the size of the wheel being kind of smaller. Even if it means buying things piecemeal and not a kit I'd like something that felt smoother but still being realistic pricing as I'm only going to use it like twice a week or so most likely.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 am

I've always been fairly low budget. I have a G27 I used since 2012 that's just a bit clapped-out in the main steering Hub shaft. $300 I replaced it with a G29 last fall and I love it. Also $300. A friend had a Fanatec Carrera he paid a little bit over 400 bucks for and it is fantastically smooth and comfortable. I can't speak for any other brands without trying them myself.

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Postby Phathry25 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:45 am

Logitech is the only way to go for budget setups. Brakes are supposed to be stiff, guess you’ll have to stop skipping leg day.

Pumaxcs

Postby Pumaxcs » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Could be a number of things like my stand involved too I guess. Just always felt like when I hit the petals after a race I'd always have to readjust them into place again. Also, don't necessarily mean budget, just not so much as to be a down payment on a new car. I'm not against getting a G29, its why I asked for opinions but just being more specific about what I thought.

I was thinking of getting a Fantec set up with pedals and wheel then getting the shifter, nicer wheel, and maybe ebrake add-on if I prove to use it enough. The wheel/base/pedals are like $500 and then a seat stand for another $250? Is there a better route to go through Thrustmaster maybe or any opinion on dedicated seats? I'd like to get a seat because it can double up on a few games like Elite Dangerous with a stick, etc. I liked my stand and having something dedicated to the wheel compared to having it on my desk but I didn't like my stand in use so if I'm spending more on a stand my thought is to just get a full kit at that point.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Yeah you could try this and then buy a third pedal.

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/product/csl-elite-wheel-starter-pack-for-xbox-one-and-pc.html

I think it's pretty good kit especially for the price, I wouldn't mind doing the same but just go for the F1 wheel.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com

Pumaxcs

Postby Pumaxcs » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 pm

The CSL kit is the one I was thinking. How does the third pedal add-on work? I do like going that route with the CSL kit though because entry isn't too bad but gives plenty of space to improve if I decide too.

Any opinions on cockpit setups? The Arrozi kit looks nice for only $200 and pretty adjustable but there is something to say about that adjustability too if it might move around or become loose. Does anyone here have a dedicated seat like that or know of brands to look at?

https://www.amazon.com/Arozzi-Velocit%C ... 2215393011

MXS Cares

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Mikey

Postby Mikey » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 am

Yeah sorry Kev I know absolutely nothing about cockpits. I guess I'd just base it off other reviews and how you want your actual setup to be.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:47 am

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:42 am

I'm doing this to justify cleaning my hard drive. Enjoy...

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:43 am

... :oops: :oops: :oops: Please delete!!!

TeamHavocRacing

Postby TeamHavocRacing » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:58 pm

Dakar is on sale for 25 bux on Steam right now. Thanks for the review Kellen. If you see this. Helped give a good idea of how vast a desert they modeled.

02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Postby 02RR02 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm

You can say I have kind of got the urge to make edits again :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”