Page 187 of 187

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:06 am
by wilson213
Still isnt as smooth as mxs. Unfortunately progress on it is slow just like mxs.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:25 pm
by Sandhapper
Pumaxcs wrote:I didn't really care to try MXB again because I remember hating it. Thanks to Kellen its coming up on my YouTube algorithm again and holy shit does this make me want to try it again. This dude rips and it sounds and looks so good

Two of my hotlaps to get you even more excited



wilson213 wrote:Still isnt as smooth as mxs. Unfortunately progress on it is slow just like mxs.

Since it's been on steam we've had quite a few quick fixes and a complete new update already. You can expect a new patch anytime soon too. The plan is to get the new patch out today. It'll fix the worst multiplayer bugs.

Could you elaborate on what makes MXB still not as smooth as MXS? I try to give as much feedback to Piboso as I can, but since I've played MXB since beta 1 it's pretty tough as I'm adjusted to all the clunkiness.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:39 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
Both camps have their "blind" critics. Can't see the forest for the trees, much like you get between CoD and BF players. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and they both kind of eke out their own niche. It will quite some time before MXB gets it's online racing pedigree.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:41 pm
by VUSTTOS
With the progression MX Bikes is having and the upcoming LCQ game, seems like it's going to be hard to have interest in MxSim in a couple of years.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:02 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
I wouldn't put much stock in LCQ since it's only pix and zero gameplay footage so far. Again, MXB has some attractive features, but won't unseat MXS for some time for sure, especially from an online standpoint.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:36 pm
by LKR47
TeamHavocRacing wrote:I wouldn't put much stock in LCQ since it's only pix and zero gameplay footage so far.

Ouch.
Hang tight, gramps. We're working on new media for our Steam page.

I do agree, though. MXS isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The racing scene is far more mature for anything to dethrone it at the moment.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 pm
by SKlein
Sandhapper wrote:Could you elaborate on what makes MXB still not as smooth as MXS? I try to give as much feedback to Piboso as I can, but since I've played MXB since beta 1 it's pretty tough as I'm adjusted to all the clunkiness.

I started playing right after Beta 13 dropped, and so far the noticeable difference in MXB is how much more refined cornering is. There are things however like going through the sand rollers on Iron Man in MXB where you notice a lack of fluidity in the bikes suspension. In that spot specifically you really feel the bounciness that people describe with the game. Maybe it's something to do with how that section erodes, but it just seems off from most roller type sections I've come across to this point. There are other negatives that I'm still trying to discern if it's just my lack of knowledge with the game yet, or actual issues that need resolving.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:19 am
by Phathry25
SKlein wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Could you elaborate on what makes MXB still not as smooth as MXS? I try to give as much feedback to Piboso as I can, but since I've played MXB since beta 1 it's pretty tough as I'm adjusted to all the clunkiness.

I started playing right after Beta 13 dropped, and so far the noticeable difference in MXB is how much more refined cornering is. There are things however like going through the sand rollers on Iron Man in MXB where you notice a lack of fluidity in the bikes suspension. In that spot specifically you really feel the bounciness that people describe with the game. Maybe it's something to do with how that section erodes, but it just seems off from most roller type sections I've come across to this point. There are other negatives that I'm still trying to discern if it's just my lack of knowledge with the game yet, or actual issues that need resolving.


I think it's in the legs. No vertical spring in the rider.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:41 am
by SKlein
Sandhapper wrote:I think it's in the legs. No vertical spring in the rider.

Good call, never really considered that.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:03 pm
by Sandhapper
Phathry25 wrote:
SKlein wrote:
Sandhapper wrote:Could you elaborate on what makes MXB still not as smooth as MXS? I try to give as much feedback to Piboso as I can, but since I've played MXB since beta 1 it's pretty tough as I'm adjusted to all the clunkiness.

I started playing right after Beta 13 dropped, and so far the noticeable difference in MXB is how much more refined cornering is. There are things however like going through the sand rollers on Iron Man in MXB where you notice a lack of fluidity in the bikes suspension. In that spot specifically you really feel the bounciness that people describe with the game. Maybe it's something to do with how that section erodes, but it just seems off from most roller type sections I've come across to this point. There are other negatives that I'm still trying to discern if it's just my lack of knowledge with the game yet, or actual issues that need resolving.


I think it's in the legs. No vertical spring in the rider.

Pibs has just told me MX Bikes does simulate the rider's legs.
He's also told me he doesn't know exactly what the problem is. A lot of people say MXB feels 'bouncy' and 'clunky', but it's not clear what people mean by that. I do agree that MXB feels bouncy and clunky, but I can't say why it feels like that either.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:40 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
I've always thought there was some parameter off in the suspension. Kind of like Mad Skillz when the bike hits hard then oscillates crazily out of the screen. Sometimes you get the same oscillation when the front tucks a little but you save it and it seems to wallow around making it hard to recover for a moment. If you save it, it feels weird for several yards then rides normal again. The bump stops helped with that, but something ain't stirring the KoolAid and still needs fixing.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:59 pm
by stocksy129
It is finally starting to look okay, I am going to keep an eye on it and may have to purchase a controller if they sort out how "bouncy" it is :?

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:46 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
I haven't seen any mention, hubbub nor brouhaha at all about MXGP 5 on here. That could be due to me just being lazy, but I have a shitload of fun in this game. The improved physics, real-time weather changes and light changes are really cool. Start a race with blue sky and then the clouds move in and it starts raining, filling the ruts and holes with water.