Page 189 of 189

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:43 pm
by TeamHavocRacing

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:02 pm
by Sandhapper
Image


Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:08 am
by TeamHavocRacing
Jiminy!

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:49 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
TT Isle of Man: Racing on the Edge 2 will drop in one week! You guys responded so well to the first one, I can't wait to see how crazy yall go on the sequel!!! https://g.co/kgs/Q2r8Sk

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:46 am
by motokid499
Sandhapper wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:I didn't really care to try MXB again because I remember hating it. Thanks to Kellen its coming up on my YouTube algorithm again and holy shit does this make me want to try it again. This dude rips and it sounds and looks so good

Two of my hotlaps to get you even more excited



wilson213 wrote:Still isnt as smooth as mxs. Unfortunately progress on it is slow just like mxs.

Since it's been on steam we've had quite a few quick fixes and a complete new update already. You can expect a new patch anytime soon too. The plan is to get the new patch out today. It'll fix the worst multiplayer bugs.

Could you elaborate on what makes MXB still not as smooth as MXS? I try to give as much feedback to Piboso as I can, but since I've played MXB since beta 1 it's pretty tough as I'm adjusted to all the clunkiness.


I think a lot of it has to do with the way the camera operates with joystick input and stuff, it kinda looks like it jerks around sometimes creating an illusion of clunkiness.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:48 am
by motokid499
motokid499 wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with the way the camera operates with joystick input and stuff, it kinda looks like it jerks around sometimes creating an illusion of clunkiness.


We don't have force feedback wheels for motocross games, all we have is visual feedback so imo if the camera is clunky the game will feel clunky. Anyone remember trying to use first person in MX vs ATV alive? Lol

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:28 am
by Jones221
As puma mentioned prior in this thread, SYS videos circulated for me and caught a glimpse of kellon playing. it looked fun but after playing for the second time since intial announcement I'm still struggling to find a setup that makes the game feel right. feels like I'm missing something on the rider lean? being a new motocross game makes it somewhat addicting, whips can be fun, corners not so much.
I may have to revisit the game in a few months to see if its made in cool improvements.

mxs still #1.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:51 am
by TeamHavocRacing
16 bucks for DiRT Rally 2.0 on Steamer right meow . Don't blow this opportunity.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:47 pm
by Sandhapper
motokid499 wrote:
motokid499 wrote:I think a lot of it has to do with the way the camera operates with joystick input and stuff, it kinda looks like it jerks around sometimes creating an illusion of clunkiness.


We don't have force feedback wheels for motocross games, all we have is visual feedback so imo if the camera is clunky the game will feel clunky. Anyone remember trying to use first person in MX vs ATV alive? Lol


I'm personally not sure what you think is clunky about the camera but I'll pass your feedback on to PiBoSo and will discuss it in the MXB discord.

Jones221 wrote:As puma mentioned prior in this thread, SYS videos circulated for me and caught a glimpse of kellon playing. it looked fun but after playing for the second time since intial announcement I'm still struggling to find a setup that makes the game feel right. feels like I'm missing something on the rider lean? being a new motocross game makes it somewhat addicting, whips can be fun, corners not so much.
I may have to revisit the game in a few months to see if its made in cool improvements.

mxs still #1.

The main feeling regarding leaning is the direct lean option. Direct lean means how much the bike lean is based on the players lean input (when bringing the bike back up vertically after cornering). I personally run it at 75% but find it quite twitchy, anything lower and it feels way too slow (not being able to get through chicanes quickly due to not being able to lean the bike back quickly enough). Some weeks ago I have suggested speeding up the initial lean speed, and this will be looked into (most likely for beta 15). This suggestion will make it possible to set direct lean lower, but still be able to lean quickly without the lean being based on the player's input too much.

Beta 14 will be released within a few weeks. It'll have suspension, multiplayer, physics and some bug fixes.

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:32 pm
by motokid499
The main thing that bothers me with MXB is it doesn't seem like it's based off of counter steering. When I push the joystick over, I feel as if a magical force is pushing the bike over to my desired lean angle. It just feels disconnected for me without the true counter steering. Maybe it's a setting I have wrong though I'm not sure

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:28 pm
by TeamHavocRacing
Yamaha TZ 750. Inline-four liquid cooled 750cc 2-stroke. Joey Dunlop piloted. Isle of Man TT. Proper!

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm
by Sandhapper
motokid499 wrote:The main thing that bothers me with MXB is it doesn't seem like it's based off of counter steering. When I push the joystick over, I feel as if a magical force is pushing the bike over to my desired lean angle. It just feels disconnected for me without the true counter steering. Maybe it's a setting I have wrong though I'm not sure


Thanks, PiBoSo appreciates all feedback. It's interesting to know the reasons MXB is not more popular (although I personally think multiplayer is a big factor as well).

MXB is based on counter steering, so there must be something else which makes it feel like it doesn't. I personally think it's the direct lean setting which I explained in my previous post. The higher the direct lean, the more of a magical force is applied to the bike. If you're currently running a high direct lean setting, I'd suggest setting your direct lean to 20% and see how that feels (the lower the setting, the lower the magical force will be). It'll most certainly feel slow, but Pibs has acknowledged he could speed the initial leaning speed up.

I also suggest not to use left/right rider lean if you're used to MXS. I personally don't use left/right rider lean either, since I'm used to MXS and feel like the left/right rider lean is kinda wonky in MXB. Simply bind them to your keyboard when using a controller, that way you won't accidentally use it.

Image
https://i.imgur.com/jz9PhGH.jpg