Real MX Pics

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ShortyMX
Team: Skullcandy

Re: Real MX Pics

Post by ShortyMX »

m121c wrote:Thanks guys! That was my first crack at making one. Next year I plan on doing it on a 19 front plate and painting the mesh white. I didn't really plan the sticker well either, better planning next time will make it look much better.

Here is it when I first finsihed:

The mesh is a 8"x8" dry wall repair mesh pad I found at Walmart. My first try I tried gluing it like RC's plate, it didn't last long with roost.
I didn't even notice that you didn't paint it! I'm afraid that the paint would come off after powerwashing it for the first time haha

Wouldn't it be possible to basically form the mesh after the front plate? So that you stick it in the front fender with the numberplate and also at the triple clamps. It might wear out fast or there's a gap between the mesh and numberplate. But if I will ever make my numberplate vented, I'd try that
I hope I can get what I mean across to you, I can't english right now for some reason... :oops:
ImageImageImage
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Andy_Hack wrote:I remember when I was 8, I was telling my dad that only people with vented plates could win, because the airflow was much better :lol:
My friend told me a story about wanting hand guards and his dad asked him "why? because you're going to be in the back of the pack?"

He has been traumatized ever since.
Rush
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Balenciaga

Post by Rush »

bang
Jared133mx wrote:if you have anything else to say you can shoot my mom a message :wink:
wilson213
Team: Privateer

Post by wilson213 »

New to me 2015 kx450f. So pumped to be riding again!
wilson213

Post by wilson213 »

Nvm this is mine. That one is my girlfriends

Aaron Hall
Team: Architech

Post by Aaron Hall »

ShortyMX wrote: I didn't even notice that you didn't paint it! I'm afraid that the paint would come off after powerwashing it for the first time haha

Wouldn't it be possible to basically form the mesh after the front plate? So that you stick it in the front fender with the numberplate and also at the triple clamps. It might wear out fast or there's a gap between the mesh and numberplate. But if I will ever make my numberplate vented, I'd try that
I hope I can get what I mean across to you, I can't english right now for some reason... :oops:
Trying figure out what you mean Shorty :lol: Think your trying get at by saying, rather than have it riveted on have it so it slots into the triple clamps and at the top? If that's what you mean you would still need to glue it and eventually it would come off again from roost and you would have to reglue it but rather than loosing the mesh it would just kind of push back when roost hit it.

m121c wrote:
You should also Felt tip those rivets so they are less easier to see.

Mason how did you go about cutting the plastic? Laser cut? Little Saw? would be quite interested to know the process if you ever felt like writing it up.

Recently cut the tab off my front numberplate which wraps around the bars because it pressed against the Renthal Factory Edition Barpad.

I used a little Hacksaw to get pretty close to the shape then did a little bit of sanding and it was okay. Just wondering if you have a better method.
maggett wrote:when JLV gives u a good dickslappin
ROSE822 wrote:braden carter die u inbred veggie cunt
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

wilson213 wrote:Image
Nvm this is mine. That one is my girlfriends

Your girl got the newer one?! :lol:
wilson213

Post by wilson213 »

Ikr but she needs the lighter one. I don't mind
NoFear345
Team: IG: @dryan345

Post by NoFear345 »

Couple throwback's from over the years
Elsinore SX whoop detour lol
m121c

Post by m121c »

Aaron Hall wrote:
ShortyMX wrote: I didn't even notice that you didn't paint it! I'm afraid that the paint would come off after powerwashing it for the first time haha

Trying figure out what you mean Shorty :lol: Think your trying get at by saying, rather than have it riveted on have it so it slots into the triple clamps and at the top? If that's what you mean you would still need to glue it and eventually it would come off again from roost and you would have to reglue it but rather than loosing the mesh it would just kind of push back when roost hit it.

m121c wrote:
You should also Felt tip those rivets so they are less easier to see.

Mason how did you go about cutting the plastic? Laser cut? Little Saw? would be quite interested to know the process if you ever felt like writing it up.

Recently cut the tab off my front numberplate which wraps around the bars because it pressed against the Renthal Factory Edition Barpad.

I used a little Hacksaw to get pretty close to the shape then did a little bit of sanding and it was okay. Just wondering if you have a better method.

Heated up the back of the plate with the heat gun, and then cut the hot plastic with the knife. Gives a nice, smooth(ish), and easy(ish) cut.

I kind of liked the rivets being uncovered, gives the appearance of being tough imo. Although an easy thing to do would be to life the sticker up off the plate before the rivets and place it back on top.
Yung Kryp
Team: www.C4Designs.co

Post by Yung Kryp »

This was my last C race. Ran a 250f in 450C and got 2nd in the heat and 5th in the main. Good times! The B class has been treating me well lately :D
2015 FAMmx Racetech Spring SX Series 250 Pro Champion
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Gonna bring some life back to this thread! What 2019 season pics you guys got left over?
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

When you forget to link the image....
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

Mlacore33
Team: LMR Kawasaki

Post by Mlacore33 »

gg