MXS Midwest ride day

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

MXS Midwest ride day

Post by Phathry25 »

Just starting a thread to plan the MXS Midwest ride day. Post your ideas for when and where and if you're into it/ how far will you drive.

I know we have an in at Sunset Ridge in Walnut, IL where we may be able to rent the track for cheap/free through Kevin18p. So that would be nice. Are there any good tracks a little further south of Walnut to make the drive better for Puma and/or stormz/kaseodip?

For myself it would have to be before Memorial Day. After that summer is in full swing and I'm sure most of us will be racing every weekend by then. I'd say preferably within the next month.
Stormz

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Post by Stormz »

St. Louis has some good tracks from what I have heard. I'll look some up in northern MO, should be a good mid-point for everyone, and post links here. Would be sick :-D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Second week of May are finals for me. I have no problem skipping school and if we can plan ahead far enough I can also skip out on work.

Glad to see this is real now. :D
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Think my finals are last week of May, or second to last...

Depends on when the last tests are for me and stuff. I definitely can't skip school.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

The differences of real college and community. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Kahoka is in northeast Missouri, about 1.5hrs from me. The dirt is fucking amazing but it's more of a natural terrain track with few jumps but some fun hills. This year is the first time in several years that the owner has run a practice schedule and he can be a bit off the wall at times, so who knows how long it will last. He's a good guy though, even if he is a little crazy. That's what makes him so likable though. I don't know of anyone who has anything bad to say about him. Most people who used to ride there a lot have all sorts of hilarious stories about him, and everyone loves the track. Lots of pros have ridden there and enjoyed it. Heath Voss even showed up once and got spanked by some of the local A riders.
That guy on the two stroke
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I've seen a video that you posted of it and it looked fantastic. I like tracks that are about terrain and not jumps more anyway so I might time it and hit that track on the way back whether or not that is where we meet.
MXS Cares
Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Yeah. I'm a guy who likes jumps, but I still love Kahoka, just for the dirt and hills. There is this though. It's a pretty fun jump.

Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Quick map, click on the blue dots to see who lives where/where the tracks are. Wish I could pick multiple marker colors, lol.

Just by a quick look Kahoka in NE Missouri looks pretty central, or Taylorville which is just SE of Springfield, IL.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... ,33.815918
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Is that just a one track facility? Does the dirt always look like that or was that just a opening day special treatment type of day? If he has a tractor and water truck to keep it like that then only having one track wouldn't bother me abit. Tracks around here have like two or three different tracks but they don't upkeep any of them so instead of having one decent track they end up having three I don't pay to ride.
MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I like how you put JLV on it :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Cool map Phat. Looked up some helmet cams. My votes are Sunset and Khoka. Those others looked sketchy, not so bad with Mt Carroll but Taylorsville looks real bad.

Not sure if Wheel can make it though. :lol:
MXS Cares
Ih8Hondas

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Kahoka is just one track. Very few places in Missouri have more than one. HLR Motorsports Park in Moberly is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. They have a day track with decent dirt, especially when it's prepped. It's also a pretty natural terrain track, but has more jumps than Kahoka. The night track is hard pack and really only prepped for night races, and even then it's not the greatest prep since it's pretty much just clay since it used to be a TT track.

Here's a helmet cam of HLR.

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'd be coming from Akron, OH. Illinois is a wee bit of a haul but any farther west of south from there would probably be out of the question. Don't really know any tracks out that far either for what it's worth.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I WANT IN ON THIS!
Sunset would be my best option without driving a shit ton to get somewhere, but I think I could talk the pops into going to Kahoka. I think Illinois would be more central than anywhere, because then the far north guys (Phat, Nate) and the far south guys (Alex, Kasey) would have an equal driving distance. As far as ddmx, well he's gonna be driving a bit :lol: And what is kevin18p's real name? I probably know who he is.