MXS Midwest ride day

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
User avatar
Stormz
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Stormz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Did my first Star Mazda race last night. So much over steer! It was fun though, started 17th and I think I finished 8th.

User avatar
Stormz
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Stormz » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Stormz wrote:Did my first Star Mazda race last night. So much over steer! It was fun though, started 17th and I think I finished 8th.


Wrong topic.

Back on topic here though, a fall ride would work better for me too, just gotta know!

Pumaxcs
Posts: 12966
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Pumaxcs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:12 pm

I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

Sweendoggy
Posts: 3643
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 am
Team: Lone Wolf
Location: California, US

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Sweendoggy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Pumaxcs wrote:I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.


or do 2 ride days...I think end of may is plenty of heads up!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss making videos so follow me on Instagram @stocktrackhero

Sweendoggy
Posts: 3643
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:10 am
Team: Lone Wolf
Location: California, US

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Sweendoggy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Sweendoggy wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.


or do 2 ride days...I think end of may is plenty of heads up!


Whoops, meant to say, you could plan it for 3 months, and still only have 4 guys show up, then you'd just be more bummed out haha
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I miss making videos so follow me on Instagram @stocktrackhero

Cody Darr
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:16 pm
Team: Start Your Systems
Location: Central PA

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Cody Darr » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:52 pm

Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!

User avatar
Stormz
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Stormz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:01 am

Cody Darr wrote:Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!


Florida sucks ass unless its January/February. Too hot.

I think a late July/early August in Colorado would be sick. I already know prices if anyone is interested as I usually go once every other year to Taylor Park (great riding area). But y'all are motobro's so I'll assume Colorado is too difficult! :P

User avatar
Ih8Hondas
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 am
Team: One Man Goon Squad
Location: Tijeras, NM

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Ih8Hondas » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:36 am

Stormz wrote:
Cody Darr wrote:Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!


Florida sucks ass unless its January/February. Too hot.

I think a late July/early August in Colorado would be sick. I already know prices if anyone is interested as I usually go once every other year to Taylor Park (great riding area). But y'all are motobro's so I'll assume Colorado is too difficult! :P


If you're talking about trail riding, I too poor for that shit. Too many things to hit and break you or the bike, and if you go slow enough to not hit those things it not very fun.
That guy on the two stroke

User avatar
Stormz
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Stormz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:22 am

Ih8Hondas wrote:
Stormz wrote:
Cody Darr wrote:Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!


Florida sucks ass unless its January/February. Too hot.

I think a late July/early August in Colorado would be sick. I already know prices if anyone is interested as I usually go once every other year to Taylor Park (great riding area). But y'all are motobro's so I'll assume Colorado is too difficult! :P


If you're talking about trail riding, I too poor for that shit. Too many things to hit and break you or the bike, and if you go slow enough to not hit those things it not very fun.


If you're good you don't hit and break things...in the last 5 years I've separated my shoulder and bent a pair of bars....that's noting compared to most mx atuff

Pumaxcs
Posts: 12966
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Pumaxcs » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:18 am

Yeah Colorado would be about two states out of my reach. I stopped at the airport there on my way to SLC and that felt like a really long flight so I doubt I'd drive that far.
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.

MXS Cares

Yamahaman95
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:15 am
Team: Jesus
Location: st.louis MO

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Yamahaman95 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 am

lets go MC or thunder ridge id say
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards

User avatar
Ih8Hondas
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 am
Team: One Man Goon Squad
Location: Tijeras, NM

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Ih8Hondas » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:46 am

How far is Thunder Ridge from everybody? Just get directions to Kirksville, MO. It's only like 45 minutes from me, so I'm for it if we decide to go there. I can talk to the owner and see if he'd let us camp. If not, there are hotels in town, which is really close to the track. I don't think we'll need to rent the place since there's usually not that many people who show up to practice anyway. It's typically just the usual bunch of guys (owner and his son and several people who live, or used to live close to me) who all know each other and a few other randoms. It's a pretty chilled out place as long as you don't piss off the owner. He's kicked several people out before without refunds. He gets along with my family pretty good though. Respect him and his stuff and he'll respect you and we'll all have a good time.
That guy on the two stroke

User avatar
yzmxer608
Posts: 15347
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: SYS
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby yzmxer608 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 am

Google says about 6 hours 45 minutes for me.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

User avatar
Stormz
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby Stormz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:01 pm

4 and a half for me.

User avatar
darnified
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 am
Team: ProConnection BSD

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Postby darnified » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:22 pm

I think Balance MX in Kentucky would be perfect for MXS Ride day. Its pretty close to the middle of the midwest and its not no far from the east coast either. Its really fun, it's got some big rollers, some good size jumps, nothing to big, but nothing to small, so it should be good for various skill levels. This track is a fun speed track, but still pretty tame. Here is a video of Adam Cianciarulo tearing it up last year.

Tyler Antonides
Co-Owner of ProConnection BSD Customs #195


Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], p2sta and 2 guests