MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
dylan22

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by dylan22 »

Won a Jeremy Martin Jersey through Serco Yamaha, Pretty cool since I never win shit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I wanted to find a PS'd FIFA logo, but I found their official logo...how funny is their motto???!!?!!?!??!11!?!?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

So I found a 2011 KTM 250SX for $3k anyone ride one of these before? I know they dont have any linkage, but I doubt I could tell a difference. At $3k the bike is a steal probably going to look at it this weekend.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

You'll notice not having a linkage. Plus your bike will be orange.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Go for the KTM, tbh Tyksorn, I prefer the PDS shocks, they seem to suit me more, I can go bigger without taking a harder hit and they seem to soak up the bumps really well once your sag is set and you've got however stiff or soft you want the suspension for the track feeling good, same goes with rebound. :)
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
mxsisboss

Post by mxsisboss »

Sorry for DP, but they are so powerful, and you can get them right up if you want to, one of my friends used to have one at 67 hp, but the standard 48 is more than enough lol.
cr500zd wrote:is there anyway that 500cc bikes will be put into the game?
jlv wrote:I'd say it will definitely happen at some point. Not any time soon though.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

My 2010 blew up twice in the span of 4 months. Even I though, am well aware that what I got has to be a worst case scenario and to use that as a experience reference would be too much. However, it was a 250f, KTM has only recently figured them out. They've had good two strokes for years, I see no reason the 250SX wouldn't be good and for that year model at the price it's a good deal even just as a turnaround profit sell. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Linkage comments, last time he rode was an older KTM (obviously) so I'm not sure if he is aware of the differences of linkage/no linkage. As for myself, I was so slow on the KTM and hardly got to ride it that the difference between it and my KX I can't say I noticed a difference other than my front forks because they were setup for someone my size and skill level, not because of a bike difference.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The PDS shock is great, but not all tuners really know where to go with it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Never got to see KTM in person turns out I could not get the bike transferred into my name. I went to look at an RM250 thing was clapped out leaking fork seals, pipe dented beyond belief, airbox cracked, gouges in swingarm, bald tire, and a ripped seat.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

Witnessed one of the worst crashes in my life yesterday at a race near Melbourne. Two guys got together off the start and one was sent into a tree in 3rd gear wide open, and the other ended up hitting some crowd members.

This is the first time I've ever seen a frame break this bad.
Donate if you like My Creations
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Milner hurt badly?
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Team: Tegridy Farms

Post by KaseoDip »

Whoah. Daniel Milner?? I thought he was in the US. Unless it's a different guy.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's crazy! Hope everyone is ok.

So many people have heard me complain about this for a long time. My forks feel very harsh on sudden impacts, which I believe makes me grip the bars tighter and gives me hand cramps (not really arm pump, but my hands get so tired it's hard to hold on). A specific section is a roller type section, but the backsides are more like drop-offs so you just bounce off of each one. Here's a MXS gif kinda showing how it is, obviously scaling is way off but you get the idea.
When I land onto the next it feels like the bike slams down which makes it hard to carry any momentum through them. I mainly think it's my forks (could be my shock negatively affecting my forks, but I don't think that is necessarily the case). The sag has to be checked again but it was set last year correctly. Last time I rode (Thursday) I started out with my previous fork clickers at (clicks out) 15 compression and 12 rebound, first tried changing rebound to 6 then compression to 11 (MXA's recommended settings (people have their opinions on them but I trust their judgement)). Seemed like it helped but still didn't solve it (and I would say it didn't negatively effect the bike at all other places on the track). Watching other people do the same section their bikes just look like they soak it up and have no problem, next time I want to try to record myself through it and see how the suspension looks from the side. According to Race Tech's site the recommended spring rates for C class 150lb is .40kg/mm up front (.42 stock) and .46 rear (.47 stock). Anyone have any ideas? Just sucks knowing I can't get the bike to do what I want, and only being able to ride like 3 laps before I have to roll around to let my hands relax...

This is a question more for Chris I guess, does RT adjust the existing mechanisms for a fork (like how Yamaha has the SSS)? Sorry I don't know much about the inner works of forks other than there's the springs, the valve that controls oil flow and some stack things I have no clue on :lol:.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

KaseoDip wrote:Whoah. Daniel Milner?? I thought he was in the US. Unless it's a different guy.
Daniel is back here getting treatment for an ongoing illness but it was his cousin Jesse that crashed. Doogs was helping run the event and was just off the track next to where it happened.
dylan22 wrote:Milner hurt badly?
Couple broken ribs and internal bleeding. The spectator broke his leg and put his collarbone through the skin.
Donate if you like My Creations