MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by KTM57 »

They are photos of an initial concept bike for the 701SM that they displayed at an event in 2013 around the time that the KTM buyout was announced.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/h ... 1-concept/

You might remember the cafe racer thing that showed around the same time:

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

The first word is meant to be "these." The first picture could be rendered, but I'm pretty sure it's a photo. It's got the same wheel chock, and they totally wouldn't include that thing because it's ugly.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
m121c

Post by m121c »

It's a really tricking lighting situation I think, but I think you are right they would have taken the wheel chock out for a render.

Huh still kinda interesting KTM/Husky has this 3rd party design company doing work for them. Probably just overall aesthetic design and not actually the engineering behind.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

From what you quoted, I thought it would be advertising, which is pretty much entirely outsourced in most industries, but their website has a lot of product design on it. KTM has been smart enough to outsource a lot of their parts to other companies, so I don't see why they couldn't just hire someone to design their plastics and stuff. It's not something you would really expect, though.

http://www.kiska.com/en/we-do/design/hu ... on-design/
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

KTM57 wrote:Image
Looks like a throwback to the '80's when they started fully enveloping bikes in plastic before the brute/naked bike trend started. Doesn't look so futuristic now. :lol:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

KTM57 wrote:From what you quoted, I thought it would be advertising, which is pretty much entirely outsourced in most industries, but their website has a lot of product design on it. KTM has been smart enough to outsource a lot of their parts to other companies, so I don't see why they couldn't just hire someone to design their plastics and stuff. It's not something you would really expect, though.

http://www.kiska.com/en/we-do/design/hu ... on-design/
I saw a something a few months back (might have been a post on Tumblr) I think showing the clay model for one of the KTM mx bikes a few model years back, the guy commented on it saying he made it and worked for that company. Here's an article for the Husaberg in your link: http://derestricted.com/design/behind-t ... -with-clay

Does Husaberg exist still? I got confused when all the Husqvarna, Husaberg, KTM buying stuff went down.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

'Berg has been shut down.
That guy on the two stroke
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Ih8Hondas wrote:'Berg has been shut down.
That sucks they had some interesting designs like ossa. A lot of the smaller companies are trying different and new tech. Unlike the japanese yet they are the companies who go under.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Seems like an appropriate time to share my crash from the weekend. Not the best way to start a qualifying session. Guy at the start looks at my slick rear tyre and says to me "That's definitely the right tyre choice, definitely a slick. I didn't have time to change it (his)" because the track had dried up a lot since practice, then I proceed to lose the rear 2 corners later :roll: :lol: Slick was the right choice but I hadn't had the warmers on it for long enough and pushed too early.

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Looks rather unpleasant :( Would like to try SM sometime, looks like lots of fun!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Watched the live stream last night. I will, for sure, be getting one of these. I have been riding Tesla dick for sometime now, to the point of me joking that I'd buy a Tesla S even if it meant I had to live in it. The things this guy does is so cool.

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

*are
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Incorrect.

Subject is "guy", which is singular, not the "things" the guy has done. Therefore, "is" is correct.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.