MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
jlv wrote: Made me think about the possibility that on an Amiga it would have been much faster for 3d polygon games to render to a copper list instead of a bitmap.
Yes, compared to PC games of the same title back then you'll see amazing differences in art and framerates that were astonishing! Something else different an Amiga had built-in was the delicious stereo soundtracks. I almost re-installed my Amiga emulator, but I found a Stunt Car Racer retro track first....
The Amiga did have filled polygons in hardware, but they worked by drawing into a bitmap. I believe that's what most Amiga games used at the time. What I mean with the copper list is you'd bypass the bitmap entirely. The copper had the capability to wait for the raster beam to hit specific pixel position after which you could write to any graphics register you want. So if you want a line from the 50'th pixel to the 250'th pixel, you could just wait for pixel 50 and then write the correct color to the background color register, then wait for pixel 250 and set it back. That should have been way faster than actually writing all 200 pixels. As an added bonus you'd get to use all 4096 colors since the colors aren't stored in the bitmap.

The idea is similar to some of the Atari 2600 "racing the beam" techniques, except the copper had more precise timing than the 6502 in the Atari. Too bad the Amiga is obsolete now. It'd be fun to actually implement and see how fast it goes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

I only saw one A1200 in operation and didn't get to see it do much. The A500 with the whopping 8.5 Mhz processor with a massive 1meg of RAM expanded from the stock 512k is most of what I got to see running stuff. You lost me with the graphics explanation lol.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Halvorson

Post by Halvorson »

On The Pipe wrote:
Halvorson wrote:It’s actually just cut off handlebars attaches to a ball valve https://imgur.com/gallery/wMfa5
I hope that's a lead free ball valve :lol:
Home depot has them good good ball valves.
TeamHavocRacing

Just found this since I hadn't looked until today. Sick track! Can't wait to see it run in anger.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Interesting starts. Also cool with the joker lane giving you a benefit this year instead. Guess we'll see a lot of people with bad starts take it early on in the race so people won't be too spread out.
TeamHavocRacing

I think there's going to be trouble where the joker lane merges back into the racing line. Someone's bound to get landed on.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

If they launch you mean? Hope nobody get's landed on..
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

That line looks to be created to force a 2-3 so I doubt anyone will be launching out the back of it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
TeamHavocRacing

Well, it is Supercross. Anything can happen...and it usually does! -Murray Walker
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Nobody is going to get landed on exiting the joker lane...

... ran into? That's still possible.
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Different
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Be careful standing up in stadiums, people are goin' crazy!

http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/13/panthers- ... agles-fan/
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Recently acquired a new monitor (BenQ XL2411) and wow, 144hz is so nice. Never really believed the hyped but now I see it (no pun intended)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Just wanted to share with everyone that I received a YouTube comment from die996 recently. He called me autistic.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

Nooooo. He was just trying to spell August.