MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:01 am No. The last bubble has dissipated and it's still blurry. Slowly getting better. I have a big floater in there and will probably need that removed later. Tuesday after next I get a check up and I'll ask about it. Old age sux!
Thank God for modern medical science! It's amazing what they can do now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

jlv wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:53 amThank God for modern medical science! It's amazing what they can do now.
For years, anytime someone has a laser out and is playing around with it (R.I.P. Jeff Alessi) I always say "Careful, you can detach a retina with that, but if you go to medical school long enough, you can reattach it!" The green laser she used on me was 200-300 milliwatts and it was all I could do to not flinch with every pulse and/or close my eye! It felt like a jab with a finger every pulse. She said I did fine. It was a total of three dilations, three needle pokes(one for the gas, two for lidocaine) and never an eye patch. I guess I'll upload some pix.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:12 pmI'll upload some pix.
Here's the cross-section of the laser scan showing the detached retina. It's almost normal now. It's just like looking through wet glass now.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
TeamHavocRacing

TeamHavocRacing wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:56 pm11 foot long, one foot diameter, 3900 pound ChromeMoly Steel shafts.
I'm back in my element and happy at work again!
Here's the Doosan Puma 700 XLY II Mill-Turn. 16 1/2 foot X 29 1/2" diameter capacity.
Here's the car-munching blades being assembled into a full shredding machine. See the gloves on the left for scale.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

What are the teeth made of? Must be something hard if it has to shred springs and gears.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:43 am What are the teeth made of? Must be something hard if it has to shred springs and gears.
Heat treated 4140. Hard ChroMoly. Any harder and they'd be too frangible and shatter under shock load, even though it has a reversal mechanism. The blades are held to .0005" tolerance on the thickness. I work adjacent to where they test the machines. It's a seismic event sometimes and when you're on a finish pass, it can act like a seismograph and telegraph the vibration right into the OD. It's SSI Shredding Systems.
TeamHavocRacing

R.I.P. Anthony "Go Show" Gobert.
He was the first roadracer I saw that would "back it into the turn". I first saw him doing that at the Daytona 200. When I first saw that I thought he was wiping out! I remember him for his green hair and saying he couldn't wait to try Budweiser. He struggled with addiction and crime after his initial success. It's really weird because in the last month or so I started getting back into his highlight reels.
https://www.roadracingworld.com/news/r- ... ny-gobert/