MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

He IS the reason lil Ricky can't honestly call himself the GOAT.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

Wow, that works so well. He's made me a believer.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Fun event if you just the arrow keys to skip everything except for the jumps... So watch the video in just a few short minutes! So sad to see how xgames seem to have died out :(
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

This was awesome! (Launch is 22 minutes in.)
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

jlv wrote:This was awesome! (Launch is 22 minutes in.)
Definitely one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. The simultaneous rocket landing was pretty jaw dropping.
TeamHavocRacing

That's so rad that jlv is a space geek! It's only about a million pounds of thrust shy of the Saturn rocket, it's awesome! I'm a little miffed by the whole over the top commercial BS with a car being launched 4 times already. I say risk putting up a satellite instead of your own companys car.
m121c

Post by m121c »

In my sophomore/junior year as a physics student... I can't even imagine everything that goes into making those simultaneously land, not only virtually at identical times, but in a precise landing zone. Not to mention they have done so on a barge in the middle of the ocean... amazing stuff, blows my mind.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Pretty epic video of the simultaneous landing (headphone warning).
Doesn't even look real.
https://www.facebook.com/tim.seymour.54 ... 324070629/
TeamHavocRacing

The audio in this one is perfect. I had to set it to 720p to get it to play through without stopping every 5 seconds. https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/09/07/4 ... -9-launch/
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

KTM57 wrote:Are you guys following Jeremy McGrath on social media? The dude is reaching a really strange level of sellout. He's peddling weird shit like Razor brand electric minibikes and car security cameras. It is one thing to work as a brand rep, and he does a good job of that for Kawasaki, but I don't want to be constantly sold to, especially by someone who built himself on being just a rad dude.
He's being paid to advertise a product via Instagram. Do you blame him? He might not even be running the Instagram himself, he might have someone doing it for him.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Neither one of those is a good excuse. You need to maintain your brand if you want to be able to market yourself. Nobody pays attention to the sellout. If he's got a shitty social media manager, then that is easily fixed. I know young teenagers with a more refined social media presence.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:That's so rad that jlv is a space geek! It's only about a million pounds of thrust shy of the Saturn rocket, it's awesome! I'm a little miffed by the whole over the top commercial BS with a car being launched 4 times already. I say risk putting up a satellite instead of your own companys car.
I disagree about the car. Some people don't seem to realize that space exploration is a form of entertainment. The science is just along for the ride. Eliminate the entertainment value of it and you'll get no science at all. Look at the Apollo missions. They made every effort to entertain the audience. Imagine if instead they didn't take any movie cameras along (no science value after all) and just did geology. Putting on a show instead of sticking strictly to science results in more science getting done in the long run.

Remember how the Opportunity and Spirit rovers couldn't take color photos because they didn't have a green filter? I wonder what kind of idiot science Nazi was responsible for that decision. If Apollo were run that way there might not even be a space program anymore.

Also, the car was worth it for the lulz.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

jlv wrote:I disagree about the car.
I see your point about the value of that, but 4 times? Someone would've surely risked the odds of getting a better sensor suite out there. I never knew about the rovers. You really are a space geek man! Legend boosted.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:I see your point about the value of that, but 4 times? Someone would've surely risked the odds of getting a better sensor suite out there. I never knew about the rovers. You really are a space geek man! Legend boosted.
He launched three other cars?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com