MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by Wahlamt »

Wait, what happened? Out of funds?
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

That fuckin' sucks man! I wanted to get one of their supermoto models. Hope someone like a Musk or better steps in and helps or buys them. R.I.P Alta. We hardly knew ye.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Wahlamt wrote:Wait, what happened? Out of funds?
https://www.cycleworld.com/alta-motors- ... operations
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Sad news for sure. I've owned this bike for almost 2 months now and its the best motocross bike I've ever owned. I'm hearing rumors from insiders that the Austrians may be acquiring them.

ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
TeamHavocRacing

How could someone not?!?!?!? I'd say it was a hot prospect considering their industry-leading power pack and very refined drive system. Here's hoping!
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
MX|VISUALS
Team: Privateer

Post by MX|VISUALS »

it would probably be best for them, it would help expand to europe, as well as the fact that there are plenty of shared parts from the likes of ktm
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:How could someone not?!?!?!? I'd say it was a hot prospect considering their industry-leading power pack and very refined drive system. Here's hoping!
I don't think there's that much unique intellectual property in an Alta. It's just standard lithium cells and an electric motor. Seems like KTM could easily duplicate that on their own. The only reason for KTM to buy it would be for the brand. But I doubt the brand would be worth much to KTM. I could see the brand being worth something to Zero. But Zero probably doesn't have the money. Hate to say it but I think it's dead.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

Alta said they worked on the battery and motor combo for 2 years before the rest of the bike. No other electric bike had the hype the Alta did. The R&D alone would be worth the cost plus the trust in the brand.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Minor story time 8)

Was driving home with my wife today from a store, was about a 15-20 min drive. When we got off the highway and onto the old highway that goes to our city, we ran up to 2 cars in front of us, going at the speed limit, we were just over it. Wifey was on her phone a bit, I focused ahead. The 1st car I noticed were going a little from side to side, like he was on his phone or something. He swerved right quite hard one time, not too close, but not too far away from the ditch, I thought like "Hmm wonder if this dude is on his phone or something..", didn't pay attention for a few seconds, looked at his car again and saw it swerve to the right really bad again, but this time he didn't save it so he jumped his car from the road, over the ditch onto a field :lol: He could keep driving so he was okay, the field was already harvested so it was all (luckily) dry dirt, so we slowed down as he made his way onto the edge of the field and went up on a small road. He gave us the thumns up when he passed us (stopped at a bus-stop) so it was all good.

What a legend, good call to just keep driving so he wouldn't get stuck. Also that answers my years long question whether you can jump over a ditch or not to a field :lol:
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Too much GTA. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Really felt so :lol:
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

ShackAttack12 wrote:Image
Damn, that's one of the best Alta's I've ever seen. Nice work!

Someone needs to tell Glen Helen to turn their erode settings down. :lol:

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

That's Glen Helen for ya
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

God damn it Alex! I told you 0.5 was enough! Now look at what you did!
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

aeffertz wrote:
Someone needs to tell Glen Helen to turn their erode settings down. :lol:

Post of the year.