MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by Wahlamt »

MXONLINE_GEICO wrote:first laps of the year in my backyard,got a new layout done ,now it's time to prepare to do some racing 8)

Looks fun! Wish I hade that in my backyard... :)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Interesting he mentions torque values for the bolts. I don't think I have ever seen a pro mechanic at a race use a torque wrench...

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

yzmxer608 wrote:Interesting he mentions torque values for the bolts. I don't think I have ever seen a pro mechanic at a race use a torque wrench...

I've seen them use a torque wrench on triple clamps but thats about it
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

yzmxer608 wrote:Interesting he mentions torque values for the bolts. I don't think I have ever seen a pro mechanic at a race use a torque wrench...
How about using a torque wrench on disassembly to check assembly procedures? Like after the Apollo 1 fire. Unless there were defects, there can be no blame assigned if there's a record of proper torques. I don't hear many stories of shit just falling off, have any of you?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

As if Honda wasn't already gay enough.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Wow, how unimpressive that was...
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

I'm really hating my laptop I can't the 1980 x 720 and its pissing me off because now everything likes its zoomed in 200%
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I would dig it if I could buy retro KTM apparel at Forever 21. You guys are lame as hell.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

If anyone off the street looked at you they'd say you should be shopping at Forever 12. Then they'd follow up with "What did they feed you?"
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

So XGames is on, I didn't even know it started! I'm able to watch in on the ESPN site with my provider login.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

Snow bike cross is today, and tomorrow is snow bike best trick. I’m quite interested to see what kind of crazy stuff they will try on those :D
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ol m8 Kev, this is for you. I know it's been a long time coming :lol:.

Here's my "review" of the DX Racer Iron Series chair (https://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/produc ... h-is132-n/). I got this back in October. My reason for wanting a new chair was my old one had flattened out/worn padding on the arms and seat, and the head rest came up to my neck instead of my head so it was uncomfortable to lean back in it.

I had some requirements for me next chair:
-Needed to both recline and tilt back (old chair would only tilt, not recline separately from the seat base)
-Needed a high head rest that would actually reach my head
-Not feel cheap, my old chair would squeak and rattle when I would get out of it and sit in it. The arm rests would always loosen up and wiggle around too.

This chair came with a head rest pad and a lumbar support. The lumbar support will never be used as it's uncomfortable as all hell, I don't know how anyone one would want to use that thing... The head rest I didn't use at first but started using because the lean angle of the back didn't coincide right with where you would think your head would sit (comfortable lean angle for your back wouldn't allow you to rest your head against the back as it was too reclined).

My normal Discord bros will attest I've fallen asleep in this chair very often, so it's pretty damn comfortable (the alcohol probably helps too). Just last night I never made it to bed and slept in this char instead! My negatives are:

Arm rests: My old chair had padded arm rests with the microfiber material cover. The DX Racer chair has hard rubber that is slightly padded (think a really hard foam) that aren't that comfortable. They can rotate and move up and down and slide forward/backward. The rotating is hella annoying, I don't think I would ever rotate them for normal use, it just doesn't make sense. That and if you try to physically move the chair around (it's fairly heavy) you normally grab the chair by the arm rests, when you do that they pop out into the different rotate positions and you have to put them back. If you could lock them into one position this wouldn't be a problem. I've been thinking about getting some foam add-on coverings for them so they aren't so hard, that won't solve the rotating problem though.

Head pad: It's held on with a velcro strap, depending on how taught you have it, it can slide off the top kind of easily. Not a huge problem but can be kind of annoying.

Other than that I like it a lot. You can say the weight is a negative if you have to carry it up and down stairs, as it's about 60 pounds. The material is a nice cloth texture, not neoprene or faux leather so doesn't make any squeaking noises when you move around in it.

Also I haven't used my g27 with this yet so I don't know if having a chair that looks like a race car seat can take seconds off of your sim lap times or not...
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Thanks N8.

I'm not so bothered by the armrest as I sit into my desk (got a deep triangle desk from IKEA) so my arms sit on my desk and my chairs armrest are garbage anyways (loose and way to low/non-adjustable). A better back/head support and new butt cushion would be ideal because right now I bought a memory seat foam cushion meant for truckers thats nice but, throws the chairs support even more out of whack as I'm a few inches taller than the support should be. Most of the ones I've seen were neoprene or leather so its nice to see that a cloth version exist because I hate leather furniture.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Cummings55
Team: RFORCE8

Post by Cummings55 »

Based off of reading your guys’ likes and needs, this probably doesn’t appeal to you but I am in love with this SecretLab Omega. I am not a fan of leather seats when it comes to vehicles so I was hesitant when I first saw these. Granted, it’s not genuine leather but made of PU Leather, it’s the most comfortable thing I’ve ever sat in. I had a spinal fusion last summer and my cloth office chair wasn’t cutting it anymore. Based on your review of the DXRacer, this has all of the same adjustment features. The armrests are quite firm but I find them to be comfortable and they don’t cause elbow pain at all. When I’m playing sim or anything with a controller, I don’t rest my arms on them because I’ve always found it uncomfortable. The headrest has an attached elastic band that just stretches around the chair and it has a rubberized backing so it doesn’t slide at all. They also included a velour lumbar pillow that I use when I’m not reclined (most people probably do find them uncomfortable but as I mentioned, my back is full of hardware). I don’t know about DXRacer, but the scariest part of purchasing this chair is the no-return policy under any circumstances. Like I said, this may not appeal to anyone in particular but I thought I’d share my thoughts on it. Also can’t fail to mention how classy it looks. :D