MXS Twitter

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: MXS Twitter

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Alex Marquez checked out! It's really cool how motorsports have been "saved" by their respective sims.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Somebody pointed me to this old mtb edit I made back in 2008 when I was 14. Pretty cringey with the Fat Joe and unrendered scenes randomly popping up but gave me a serious nostalgia trip.

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/50423/
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Finally got 100% achievements done on Halo 3 last night. 12 years after I stopped playing... Still pumped! Next up Forza Horizon 4 where I'm only missing 4-5 I think.
TeamHavocRacing

Good thing it only goes to 100% or you would be an overachiever.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Haha true.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I have never been locked into a game with as much focus as the night I decided I would drive all roads on FH4. Couldn't give you a good reason why.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TeamHavocRacing

Achievement.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Haha, we've all had those moments :lol:
TeamHavocRacing

When I test rode my '82 550 Katana it was bogging. The owner took it down the street, with it sputtering and coughing. He came back and it was running great! The culprit was the owners manual covering the intake snorkel. That's when I discovered this gem of a translation...
...someone had put something on around there!

How about horrible translations you've come across on Japanese or Chinese products?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The guy writing that label was probably like "Come on Yoshi, we don't need that warning. Even the Americans wouldn't be dumb enough to cover the intake!"
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I had my head on my desk I was laughing so hard at "ARARM". My ex had a relative whose digital camera had voice prompts when that was a thing. The Japanese accented voice would ask you to "Prease use frash!" in low light conditions.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I usually don't feel right about making fun of people's English since I'd be even worse in their native language. On the other hand, no one's paying me to translate stuff to Japanese. Kind of funny someone actually paid for those translations. How hard would it have been to run "all your base are belong to us" past a native English speaker? On the other other hand, think of all the memes we'd have missed out on if they did.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
TeamHavocRacing

I'm thinking it mostly got figured out by the late 90s. Mostly.
Wahlamt

Post by Wahlamt »

Ever seen compilations of "English" signs in China that are recent? Oh some of them makes even less sense than "alarm"!
TeamHavocRacing

Yes! Google "Fuck the Duck Until Exploded"