Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Stormz

Re: Real MX Vid's

Post by Stormz »

Phathry25 wrote:When Shack and Yzed are reading this post they will have raging hard-ons.... :mrgreen:
I'm a YZ 2 stroke rider as well...and that video gave me one ;)
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Now James should actually ride that at Pala but he wont...Funny how he says a 250t is like a pitbike compared to a 450.
Skadazzler
Team: Privateer

Post by Skadazzler »

I don't know why the sound is off,anybody ever have this problem/know how to fix it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_8isAL9FU
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

A little bit of what goes down in my neck of the woods. Haha.

Moto 1 - Someone crashed and broke his collar bone. That's why we had to go back to the gate for a restart.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zeTllRn76po" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moto 2 - Wasn't doing so hot. :lol:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5QOHEN0Ne3c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

IDK how to get that to work. Wow. I feel like a goon now. Haha.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

here you go man ;)

kawirider238

Post by kawirider238 »

Thanks p2sta. Lol
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Jones221 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
Kawasakis wrote:Downshifting with the clutch isn't as good.
But you're doing well.
I respectfully disagree.

Using the clutch while downshifting allows you to slip the clutch upon deceleration, and thus being able to control how much engine braking you are getting. Sure you can just bang the gears, but doing that will make your back end chatter and lose contact with the ground, meaning you can't be as aggressive coming into corners. :mrgreen:
Isn't it considered the 'correct' way too? Like better for the bike?
In the owner's manuals, I'm pretty sure that they say to use the clutch when you shift. However, I'm pretty sure that this is to teach new riders not to powershift. If they powershift and hurt themselves or the bike, the manufacturer can then (in the event of a lawsuit) turn to the owner's manual and say that they had been telling the rider to use the clutch when shifting the whole time.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
mxboy97
Team: TeamTimo

Post by mxboy97 »

Twitch

Post by Twitch »

[youtube]YAMuQR1jRBI&[/youtube]
MXS Online #239
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

MXS Online #239
waiside
Team: secret

Post by waiside »

here you go twitch
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Jones221 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:
Kawasakis wrote:Downshifting with the clutch isn't as good.
But you're doing well.
I respectfully disagree.

Using the clutch while downshifting allows you to slip the clutch upon deceleration, and thus being able to control how much engine braking you are getting. Sure you can just bang the gears, but doing that will make your back end chatter and lose contact with the ground, meaning you can't be as aggressive coming into corners. :mrgreen:
Isn't it considered the 'correct' way too? Like better for the bike?
Easier on the tranny for sure.

Kawasaki, it works quite a bit different on the four stroke. I think it depends entirely on the corner and the style of track. If your coming in really fast in a chopped out berm on a sand track for instance, it's easier to just pull the clutch and do all the work yourself, instead of trusting the motor to do something that may or may not work. It just keeps the ass end from jumping around. It helps settle and track straighter through chop. A hard pack track with easy bumps going into ruts, I find it easier to just let it brake itself more, and it helps keep the revs up to get out of the rut faster. Seems to help with momentum also.

And one of these days I want to strap my droid onto my helmet and take it for a lap around my track. Too poor for the GoPro. :/
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's all about slipping the clutch as you decelerate. Not as important on a MX track as in supermoto or flat track, but can still be used to help with braking.

and a video nobody will care about...

Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I would shit myself racing that fast and that close to someone else. Looks sketchy as hell.