Real MX Vid's

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Re: Real MX Vid's

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Pumaxcs wrote:I stand by that is one of the funnest looking tracks I've ever watched through a helmet cam. My enjoyment comes from hitting the turn as fast as possible, not 50 footers. I can do them but I don't like all the time you have to think up there. If I'm going to crash I'd prefer it'd sneak up on me while braking rather than me think about how messed up I'm going to be when I land.
You need to get up there for a prepped practice day then. In the morning before everything ruts out, you can basically come in as hot as you want, lay it over, and pin it and you'll be on your way up or down the next hill.

I'm actually much better at jumps than corners (which is why I'm perpetually stuck in C class), and I still love this track. Probably because the dirt makes cornering idiot proof and makes me feel way faster than I really am.
That guy on the two stroke
m121c

Post by m121c »

And that isn't even the old Kahoka! That place used to be gnarly before they shut it down for a few years and all the saw dust washed away. It didn't need jumps by the end of the day the bumps were the jumps, you would literally jump off those rollers and just pick a bump to be your landing haha. Track does flow though, haven't been there yet since they opened back up with places like MC and Sunset being closer to me doesn't really make since to drive that far.

It's funny though, when people talk about Kahoka they always talk about the "old Kahoka" but back before Kahoka was the "old Kahoka" you wouldn't believe it but it was some of the hardest pack clay around. (I obviously wasn't alive but my dad has been going there since it's been open damn near).
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Wow, can't believe how much harder that Kahoka is from back in the day. And how much the jumps have flattened out over the years. Mainly the hip jump after the first big downhill and the tabletop before the first uphill. I guess just settling from sitting.

I raced there on minis back before all the saw dust and when they gradually were mixing it in. It went from a track I didn't really love to an amazing track. Yes, it started as a lot of singles (though it typically had a few doubles/triples/tables of sorts mixed in) but by the end of the day there were plenty of landings. Think of it more as a sand track, as that is basically how it rode and how the rough developed. While I always sucked there because I wasn't great in the rough stuff or going fast, I always loved the place.
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

It's really not hard. Just depends on how deep Mike decides to rip it. All the black dirt created by those decades of sawdust is still there, and still having sawdust piled on. First practice after he was closed for all those years was deep as hell. Frame deep ruts everywhere by noon and braking bumps bigger than I've ever seen.

The jumps have definitely flattened out a lot though. Those years of rain washed the dirt all down off of them. Especially the hip coming down the first hill. I remember that thing being fucking huge back in the early 2000s. And the tabletop directly after the first turn is barely recognizable. It's basically another single now.
That guy on the two stroke
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
bill moynes
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Architech

Post by bill moynes »

damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

Hit monster mountain for the first time a couple days ago. Awesome track
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

And yesterday in Florida :)
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'm thinking this was like the first practice session or something, still kinda funny though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty cool!
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

krossboy
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by krossboy »

Got about 50 hours on bike in total now, most of these hours have come from sand and forest riding.

The Goon

Egert Veltson #901
Mateus

Post by Mateus »

JConley691
Team: CG Motorsports

Post by JConley691 »

Back at it with this video thing!