Your Behind the Gate Playlist?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Kembo693
Team: Privateer

Your Behind the Gate Playlist?

Post by Kembo693 »

You heard it; What are the songs that gets you going right before the race?

Here is my top 5 right now;

1. Merk emh$ - Proud of Me ft. Justin Lucas aka Justin Bogle
2. Heaven Shall Burn - Endzeit
3. The Offspring - All I Want
4. Uppermost - Flashback
5. Affiance - Call to the Warrior

I'm a rock and metal guy to the core, but I also listen a lot of relaxing and chill music. Sometimes before the race I really need to get the rush from Metal bands, and sometimes I just want to get something chill and relaxing to get into the mood.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Your Behind the Gate Playlist?

Post by Phathry25 »

I prefer talking to someone. We usually make fun of the people wearing headphones and getting pumped up for B class a district race for a trophy. Not to imply that's what your doing. If nobody is an obvious target for is we usually just b/s about how dirty were going to ride an how many people were going to take out. All in jest of course.
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

I'm the same way phat, I love to laugh at the C class warriors next to me with the headphones on and an umbrella out when its 70' out.
On a side note, holy shit Bogle is a sick rapper
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

...my father yelling at me what i should do
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Andy_Hack wrote:...my father yelling at me what i should do
You lucky bastard! My dad always waited until after the race to tell me what I was doing wrong. :lol:
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

well in this case, i can tell you, that i kinda always listen to this "soundtrack" when i go riding... however i heard there ll come out a Greatest Hits CD soon :lol:
*fancy signature*
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

I like to push people's bikes over while I'm behind the gate.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

I like to push the e-starter of the ktms while standing behind the gate... 8)
*fancy signature*
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

No point in having headphones at a local race. If anything I would do it at a national or a regional, but I always forget to.
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

MiNi wrote:No point in having headphones at a local race. If anything I would do it at a national or a regional, but I always forget to.
Why is there no point? Not everyone races nationals, guy. If music gets someone pumped for the race then why not.
Andy_Hack

Post by Andy_Hack »

yep its very important to be pumped for a c-class race :lol:
*fancy signature*
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

BuddyTheElf wrote:Why is there no point? Not everyone races nationals, guy. If music gets someone pumped for the race then why not.
I'm just saying that it would be kinda pointless to get super pumped for a 4 lap race. If you want to get some music going for you, then that's cool, whatever floats your boat and I respect that. Its more of an issue of "who cares" than "why not", at a local race IMO
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

MiNi wrote:
BuddyTheElf wrote:Why is there no point? Not everyone races nationals, guy. If music gets someone pumped for the race then why not.
I'm just saying that it would be kinda pointless to get super pumped for a 4 lap race.
But why though? There is absolutely no sense in your arguement. If C class is all you race then you want to be pumped for it. A C rider wants to win their race just as much as a pro so why should their preperation be any different. Race distance or ability shouldn't even come into it!

I guess you think its pointless for a C rider to have a brand new bike or the latest race kit too, right?
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I race for fun. Don't care if I win. There was once a time when not winning meant I didn't ride well, and in turn I wouldn't have fun because I didn't win. Once I started doing nationals as long as I knew I rode well I didn't care where I finished. Granted if I rode well I would finish well, but my point is you shouldn't race to win, you should race to have fun and push your own abilities.
MiNi

Post by MiNi »

BuddyTheElf wrote:But why though? There is absolutely no sense in your arguement. If C class is all you race then you want to be pumped for it. A C rider wants to win their race just as much as a pro so why should their preperation be any different. Race distance or ability shouldn't even come into it!

I guess you think its pointless for a C rider to have a brand new bike or the latest race kit too, right?
I honestly don't know what your logic is on this subject and you have just about lost me. If you're going to sport headphones on the line at a local race, then power to you. I respect your decision and I'm not going to let my opinion judge you as a person. However, in my opinion, using headphones for a local race is just a little over the top. Local racing is meaningless, doesn't count for much, not very serious, nothing major at stake, etc. Local racing (especially C) is supposed to be casual racing or racing for fun. If anything, it makes you look a little bit "out there", silly, or just a bit of a bro. As for the the A vs C thing, that is ridiculous. Trying to say that there is no difference in A and C is just flat out stupid, seeing how one guy races for a little trophy/plaque while the other races for money that pays bills. The same thing goes for national vs local, where one races to be the best in town and the other races to be the best in the country. But hey, it doesn't hurt to have a little music going around at your convenience. Like I said, I'm not going to let my opinion judge you as a person. I tend to worry about myself at the races anyway and I'm not going to be bothered by the guy with beats next to me at a local race. Bottom line, I personally don't prefer to play tunes because I don't need to get pumped up at a local race, there's not much pressure and I don't care enough to want to play tunes behind a gate. I will also mention that you don't have to take my opinion as instruction. My opinion is for ME. Whether you choose to learn from the information that I said in my opinion is completely up to you. I don't know the logic or the point in arguing with it.

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't and don't want to take this off topic, but you put me here, so lets go there anyway. C riders are not nearly on the same level as an A rider because the raw speed and skill in C is significantly lower. Bikes and equipment win the A class because the skill gap is so tight and everybody is fast, which means that every little advantage will help. C class has a wide open skill gap where riders are only separated by raw skill. If you race C class and want to spend $20g on a race bike, then be my guest. But just know that bikes and better equipment don't win the C class, raw speed and skill do. Thats why you could put Johnny C rider on a modded out 450f against Joe A rider and Joe would beat Johnny by a mile, 10 times out of 10. Everybody should have half-decent equipment, but equipment doesn't decide the race. Your riding does. Basically you're not going fast enough for what equipment you're on to be relevant for whether or not you win or lose a race. This is not an opinion. This is the truth of the sport that I have learned through years of experience. To argue with the truth would be retarded.