2014 AMA Supercross Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

2014 AMA Supercross Discussion

Post by BuddyTheElf »

It's that time of year again! A1 is just around the corner and I can't wait.

The 450 class is stacked this year! It's going to be tough for the privateers.
Villopoto
Dungey
Stewart
Reed
Barcia
Grant
Brayton
Tomac
Hahn
Tickle
Hill
Short
Roczen
Weimer
Alessi
Peick
Canard
Millsaps
Tedesco
Wey
and more that I've forgotten

December has been brutal for injuries though. Here's a list...
Canard - Broken arm
Millsaps - knee
Savatgy - Broken wrist, AC seperation, broken ribs, collapsed lung
Bogle - Broken Back
Musquin - Torn ACL
Baggett - Broken foot

Blake Wharton has signed with Geico Honda to fill in for Bogle
Christophe Pourcel is also making his comeback to American racing with Valli Yamaha for the Outdoor series on a 250

Personally I would absolutely love it if an underdog came out and won A1, someone like Brayton or Grant, that would be sick.

Discuss...
KTM57

Re: 2014 AMA Supercross Discussion

Post by KTM57 »

I hope to see Pourcel puss out again. Also sucks that Musquin hurt himself. Definitely was my top guy for the title.

JS1
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

A few more interesting points.

Jake Weimer no longer trains at Villopotos house or with Aldon Baker and has moved back to California. Was he sick of being 2nd best in the program or did he just want a change of scenery?

Ken Roczen has effectively taken Weimers place as he now trains with Villopoto and Aldon Baker at Villopotos house.

Rattray has moved back to Europe to ride the GP series for the Ice One Factory Husqvarna team.

Silly season has been fairly boring as virtually everyone in the 450 class is still riding for the same team as they were for 2013. Unless you live under a rock you will know that Chad Reed has switched to Kawasaki and the Rockstar Suzuki team have switched to KTM but that's about it.

Musquin could still be back in time for East coast? I dont know how long a torn ACL takes to heal.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I was out for 4 months after surgery with my ACL, so I doubt that we'll see Musquin race the entire East coast series, which sucks.

I find it kind of silly that Wilson is racing another year of 250 indoors after racing outdoors on the 450 last year. Mookie is doing the same. I'd think that both of them would benefit from the 450 indoors, but who's to say that Payton and Pingree don't know what they're doing?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Ah fair enough.

Yeh I thought the same thing, I guess Wilson is still hungry for that elusive 250sx title and why not, this is going to be his best chance yet now that Tomac, Hahn and Roczen have moved up and he's still got a PC Kawi ride. Even more so now that Baggett, Bogle, Musquin and Savatgy are all injured. I reckon some of the younger riders/rookies are going to give him a run for his money but they'll probably lack the consistency of Wilson.
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

I think Weimer wanted out because Aldon was taking the fun out of riding for him. He wants to ride one-off races and free ride in the hills and the only program they have at the RV compound is laps on laps on laps - If you have energy for free riding you're not working hard enough - that's got to get old for most people eventually.

I thought Deano only rode the first two rounds last year on the 450? It's got to be tough to find a ride when everyone in the class has multi year deals through the current season. I hope he can finally clinch one of these things though, it's not as big as the 250 Nats but it's gotta chap his ass that he's never done it.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

I know everyone says it on every team every year about there riders, but Brayton is looking reeeally really good at the test track lately, and his whole mind set seems to be very positive. I think he will be in the top 3 consistently this year and even win a few.
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

As here I though August saying pingree was managing the TLD team was the silliest thing I would rear in this thread.

Thanks for the laugh Evans.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

If i could read your drunk text i might be offended.
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

supercross711 wrote:I know everyone says it on every team every year about there riders, but Brayton is looking reeeally really good at the test track lately, and his whole mind set seems to be very positive. I think he will be in the top 3 consistently this year and even win a few.
I thought he was gonna get wins on the Honda in 2012, and maybe win one in 2013, but that Yamaha doesn't seem to agree with him. 2011 and 2013 didn't seem like amazing years for him, but 2012, I think he had like seven top 5s (probably wrong, but I don't know) on the Honda. I wouldn't mind to see him win one
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Could've sworn that the team was still under the same management. Sorry for the slipup.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

supercross711 wrote:If i could read your drunk text i might be offended.
Of all times for auto correct to kick my ass it's when I am being a smartass.

You know who my sleeper pick is? Justin Hill.
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

mxsrider96 wrote:Brayton
I think 2012 was the year he was leading that hole race at Indy (maybe?) and got passed on the last lap. Might be Millsaps or someone else that I'm thinking of, though. :lol:
James_122
Team: Channel 4 News

Post by James_122 »

I like Brayton, but if he didnt get a win when he was on the best bike, and the majority of the field was out, then hes not getting one.
Phathry25 wrote: You know who my sleeper pick is? Justin Hill.
Agreed. Cooper Webb is gonna kill it too i think, and i don't even like him.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

I honestly wonder how Cooper and AC will do this year. Does anyone know what coast AC is riding? Or Coop for that matter. I feel like they'll both be doing good. Anyone think Davalos could finally put a main event together?