New MX vs ATV game

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Re: New MX vs ATV game

Post by mxsrider96 »

I'm gonna guess they were just using it as a base for, "How has Supercross evolved?"
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

There was a video of him playing. Looked like "Alive" with a small SX track, and that horrible physics... blah.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Kawasakis wrote:There was a video of him playing. Looked like "Alive" with a small SX track, and that horrible physics... blah.
http://instagram.com/p/jAu7A6xuOm/
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion

checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Went and visited Friday. It's still the full Alive physics, they are just getting everything up and running - so it's the same way it was left when it closed. Same tracks and physics right now, but the plans are to update.

There is definitely some work for them to do.
staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

I hope they are keeping the "atv" part of the name just recognition within the gaming community. I would love to know what the percentage of users that actually play just for the atv's. I think they need to just focus on mx and use the resources they'd waste on the atv's to improve the game. Reflex physics are probably the best arcade like physics that give newbies the control they need, but allows for novices to add their own flare.
Lynch
Team: Atlas Technologies

Post by Lynch »

staydown wrote:I hope they are keeping the "atv" part of the name just recognition within the gaming community. I would love to know what the percentage of users that actually play just for the atv's. I think they need to just focus on mx and use the resources they'd waste on the atv's to improve the game. Reflex physics are probably the best arcade like physics that give newbies the control they need, but allows for novices to add their own flare.
Agree, alive felt sooo slow for me.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

staydown wrote:I hope they are keeping the "atv" part of the name just recognition within the gaming community. I would love to know what the percentage of users that actually play just for the atv's. I think they need to just focus on mx and use the resources they'd waste on the atv's to improve the game. Reflex physics are probably the best arcade like physics that give newbies the control they need, but allows for novices to add their own flare.
As far as I know, that's the plan with the SX game. Atleast, it was during the original design.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

checkerz wrote:Went and visited Friday. It's still the full Alive physics, they are just getting everything up and running - so it's the same way it was left when it closed. Same tracks and physics right now, but the plans are to update.

This is poopoo. What are the chances they'll change their minds?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

checkerz wrote:It won't be a sim or MXS, but I think you'll see a fun game and a step up from Alive in the fun factor. And less gimmic "mass audience" arcadey BS.
YAY, I think anything that's a step away from mass audience is a step in the right direction. Let's face it, an MX game is not going to sell that many copies. So lets keep it small and try to do it right, eh?

Mike says it all "It's a niche market....and we know where we stand with that"
Sandhapper wrote:Here's some more information, not much but it's something...
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/ ... ,0/GuyB,64

I noticed in the first picture that they have the Phoenix 2014 trackmap on the midle screen. Does this mean there will be replica supercross tracks? :)
Mike = MX45, way old school but really good trackmaker. Glad to see him still at it!!!

I see on the right screen, a bunch of heightmaps - so maybe they are using the traditional grayscale track making method. Also note all of them are nice little squares.

It makes me think they are keeping the heightfield generation method simple enough...for USER CREATED TRACKS!!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

mxsrider96 wrote:
checkerz wrote:Went and visited Friday. It's still the full Alive physics, they are just getting everything up and running - so it's the same way it was left when it closed. Same tracks and physics right now, but the plans are to update.

This is poopoo. What are the chances they'll change their minds?
I'm not sure which part you are referring to. As far as the physics, they already have stated they plan to go away from the Alive physics shooting for something more of a hybrid between Alive/Reflex/Untamed/Unleashed looking for "fun factor" and "rhythm racing".

A few things...

Mike (MX45) is the one who does the animated maps for the SX broadcasts. He was likely showing people the similar process.

The tracks are still done in Photoshop using displacements.

Some of those tracks on that screen are mine from before I left (I forgot about it until I visited and started playing).

It's still the Alive everything right now basically, so user created wasn't on the radar at that time.

SX maps were 1024x1024.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

only one to win something real from the game!
jbrandmx85
Team: Privateer

Post by jbrandmx85 »

Im just pumped that they have freedom working on this new game. Seems to me that the physics will be better and the tracks will be fun. Checkerz thanks for updating us on what you know. The guys at rainbow are awesome at what they do. And now with that freedom I look for really good things to come. I wont lie though, moto 448 was an awesome track and its a shame they wont have you working with them on any new games
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

jbrandmx85 wrote:Im just pumped that they have freedom working on this new game. Seems to me that the physics will be better and the tracks will be fun. Checkerz thanks for updating us on what you know. The guys at rainbow are awesome at what they do. And now with that freedom I look for really good things to come. I wont lie though, moto 448 was an awesome track and its a shame they wont have you working with them on any new games
HOLY SHIT, i'm retarded but just made that connection Checkerz hahaha