Calling Someone with Computer Smarts

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Robert196

Calling Someone with Computer Smarts

Post by Robert196 »

Been having a problem with my SteelSeries SRW-S1 wheel on my G27 lately.

So i sent this to SteelSeries support earlier, no reply yet. Thought I may aswell post it here since we have some smart people.
I have recently had a problem with my SRW. I mounted it to a G27 and it ran great for 3 months then it started to disconnect itself from my computer. I have located the problem to the gyro because whenever I turn the wheel to a certain degree (A little before 90) it disconnects and quickly reconnects, freezing my game.

I was wondering if there is any way to disable the gyro and the paddles in the back. All I need is the buttons.
If someone has any idea, it'd be appreciated. I dont think Mikey has had this problem and he has the same wheel as me.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Calling Someone with Computer Smarts

Post by Pumaxcs »

I assume you have the Logitech software for the G27? Any driver/software updates to the wheel?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

The SRW disconnects fully? Almost sounds like a loose wire or short. It might be touching or pulling on the wire when you move it that way. If it's just the wheel and inside I don't think there's much you can do besides get a replacement, unless you want to open it up (a few photos of it taken apart: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.ph ... opic=50423).

This is assuming the g27 inputs are all fine and it's only the SRW that is being disconnected (i.e. FFB still works from the g27 base but the buttons etc. doesn't work on the wheel), they're separate USB ports right?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

yzmxer608 wrote:The SRW disconnects fully? Almost sounds like a loose wire or short. It might be touching or pulling on the wire when you move it that way. If it's just the wheel and inside I don't think there's much you can do besides get a replacement, unless you want to open it up (a few photos of it taken apart: http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.ph ... opic=50423).

This is assuming the g27 inputs are all fine and it's only the SRW that is being disconnected (i.e. FFB still works from the g27 base but the buttons etc. doesn't work on the wheel), they're separate USB ports right?
The G27 itself is fine.I mounted the SRW to the G27. I'll take a closer look inside to see if I can find anything.

But what happens is this: I'll be racing doing a turn when my game freezes and Windows makes the "Duh Dumph" noise and the LED's on the wheel itself go out, then when it unfreezes the game runs fine but there are no more LEDs.

I'd be alright with no LEDs, i just would like the buttons. I could just take the whole board out of it and just use it as a rim.
beanz43
Team: Privateer

Post by beanz43 »

Have you tried restarting your computer?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Is your computer plugged in?

Start at the back of your computer case, near the top there should be a power cable, trace that back to the wall plug and make sure both ends fit snugly into their sockets.

That should fix it.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

Take a hammer and hit it as hard as you can :lol:
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
bob117

Post by bob117 »

Andy_Hack wrote:Take a hammer and hit it as hard as you can :lol:
i would defiantly try this first. 90% of the time it works every time .
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

bob117 wrote:90% of the time it works every time .
Yes.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

I'm assuming that this is a USB device. If so you can try going into your DM then to USB controller. Click on properties on the port that has the device on it, then to power management. Uncheck the Allow computer to turn off the device for power saving (not sure if that is the exact wording) and try that.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Gideon#67 wrote:I'm assuming that this is a USB device. If so you can try going into your DM then to USB controller. Click on properties on the port that has the device on it, then to power management. Uncheck the Allow computer to turn off the device for power saving (not sure if that is the exact wording) and try that.
Tried that last night, didn't do anything.

I'll probably just buy a Fanatec wheel.