Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: Photography

Post by Pumaxcs »

Getty Images? Oh shit my mans one step away from Nat Geo.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Such clean shots Mikey. How much post goes into those types of shots?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

barrington314 wrote:Such clean shots Mikey. How much post goes into those types of shots?
None at all really, gotta upload as fast as we can. We have to shoot jepg, then we crop > sharpen > caption > upload.

If it's not exposed correctly you just delete it because it's not worth the time to edit it, unless it's a really minor change needed. When shooting outdoor we shoot on cloudy white balance that gives it a nice warm feel and indoors you kinda just have to find something that's right which is hard because you usually have to colour balance too.

Those Netball shots, I had to upload images by each quarter which is 15mins, so yeah no time to edit at all.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Couple of newish shots

ImageDSC_3001 by Jason Stewart, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3335 by Jason Stewart, on Flickr

ImageDSC_3223 by Jason Stewart, on Flickr
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Nice shots as usual Jason. But that last one needs photoshopped as being pulled behind a boat. :lol:
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

barrington314 wrote:Nice shots as usual Jason. But that last one needs photoshopped as being pulled behind a boat. :lol:
A motorboat?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

SMR 510RR wrote:Couple of newish shots

This one's amazing with the reflection in the water.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Wahlamt wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:Couple of newish shots

This one's amazing with the reflection in the water.
Thanks man. These birds are funny, they get all wet and then they get cold and stand on something with their wings spread like they are the frontman of a heavy metal band or something. There were like 10 of them all in a row on that curb thing standing like that to warm up in the sun. Then they jump back in and get more fish.

ImageDSC_3144 by Jason Stewart, on Flickr
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

Mikey wrote:
barrington314 wrote:Such clean shots Mikey. How much post goes into those types of shots?
None at all really, gotta upload as fast as we can. We have to shoot jepg, then we crop > sharpen > caption > upload.

If it's not exposed correctly you just delete it because it's not worth the time to edit it, unless it's a really minor change needed. When shooting outdoor we shoot on cloudy white balance that gives it a nice warm feel and indoors you kinda just have to find something that's right which is hard because you usually have to colour balance too.

Those Netball shots, I had to upload images by each quarter which is 15mins, so yeah no time to edit at all.
I'm sure you would already do it, I recommend creating automatic scripts - Shoot, run script, upload. (This obviously depends on location, if lighting is changing rapidly this would alter it)

I now run automation on almost all of my work for a base, I have cut my editing time by around 85-95% depending on locations and weather. Granted we're in a different line of photography. Keeping killing it, Mikey, good to see you out smashing goals. 8)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah we kind of have that, it basically just pushed it through PS from our Getty app. But yeah like I said we don't edit much but it changes some color profiles or something, I don't know.

Thanks man, yeah stuff seems to be going well!
My photography work
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My photography work
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

Didn't export these to size so had to make them a thumbnail, ignore the shitty quality. Lol
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

317 wrote:Image
I really like this one. Only thing is it seems the depth of field is a little shallow, the bridge and trees are out of focus?

Here is my most recent favorite:
ImageSan Francisco from Yerba Buena Island by Jason Stewart, on Flickr
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

Yes, my aperture was at about 4, so it was mainly focused on the leaves and rock in front of my camera!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

My friends are operating a new training facility and sometimes-public pro level track called VP MX Park in Richards, TX. It's a couple hours north of Houston and a few hours south of Dallas. Check it out if you're in the area (or not, there's a bunkhouse) and looking to improve your skills! They're hosting a Catanzaro-led training camp this coming weekend. Habla Espanol.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.