Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
zebzone235
Team: Lindqvist Racing

Re: Photography

Post by zebzone235 »

MXONLINE_GEICO wrote:some pics i took yesterday

He dun' bottomed out
AJC396
Team: Carcaramo Racing

Post by AJC396 »

Thought I'd share some of my recent photo work considering I just got back into this game after a few years away from it. Here's one of my favorites I shot of Ken Roczen at Unadilla in 2016 while I was shooting for Racer X. This is dropping into Screw-U.
VUSTTOS
Team: Spanish MX Gamers

Post by VUSTTOS »

That is a super sick pic AJ!
Alex V111#1017
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

So... I'm just gonna post my question here rather then making a new topic for it. I'm not all that experienced with RL photography but this is something i've wanted to to do for some time and i kinda wanna make the right decision on this so i'm wondering what might possibly be a good camera for photographing cars and such, i know a few of the brands out there but i'm just curious to see some of the suggestions so i can research it a bit more.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

You will need to have a decent body, but your lens is going to be a bigger factor in most cases at an entry level. Most people I know have gone Nikon or Canon based on availability of lenses. (i.e. mom or my friend has a Nikon and will sell me/let me borrow this lens) Lately all of my photo major friends at school have been telling me they are switching to Canon, which is disheartening because I just invested in a Nikon setup a few months ago!

Here are some of my favorite moto shots I've taken over the past few months. I'm still learning a lot every time I shoot, but it is super rewarding to catch a photo perfectly. Also, I've gained like 50 Instagram followers. :lol:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
AJC396
Team: Carcaramo Racing

Post by AJC396 »

VUSTTOS wrote:That is a super sick pic AJ!
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

Ahaha, i'm enjoying the digital side of photography, i've been taking pictures in some other games and virtual worlds for some time and i've really found a passion for photography and now that i kinda have my car where i would like it, i would just like to have a camera for photographing it as well as just photography in general and probably other cars or just anything else really. Those shots look stunning to me so i figured this might be the place to ask. I've been doing my own research and i already had an idea that Canon and Nikon were the two brands that people mostly went for. All of those are great but these were my personal favorites out of them, love the angles and on that top one the lighting and angle and all, really cool stuff.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
DL.17

Post by DL.17 »

Photo I took over the summer. I don't have a actual camera so this was taken with my 6s.
Like my content? Donate here: https://www.paypal.me/DLdesigns1

ryxn wrote:
Hmmm whats that smell....? Bullshit!
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

MotoX745 wrote:So... I'm just gonna post my question here rather then making a new topic for it. I'm not all that experienced with RL photography but this is something i've wanted to to do for some time and i kinda wanna make the right decision on this so i'm wondering what might possibly be a good camera for photographing cars and such, i know a few of the brands out there but i'm just curious to see some of the suggestions so i can research it a bit more.
What is your budget? Nikon or Canon, just depends on what you can get and your style. Majority of professional photographers i know use canon but my personal setup is Nikon and Some of the best IMO use nikon so its not the brand you use that defines your photos. Theyre all amazing cameras.

But Cmon, the Nikon shit looks way sexier than the ugly off white canon lenses :lol:
KTM57 wrote:a
I like this a lot

Body "matters" until you get to full frame kinda, but then its like, features and stabilization and FPS and stuff like that. Obviously when i was working for a media company carrying $10k on my right shoulder, $8k on my left, and hustling around a bunch of other lenses on my hip and back and spare bodies and shit my photos were WAY better that when im trotting around the track with my $600 body and $400 lens, its disheartening. But you can still do amazing work with cheap equipment.

It is frustrating using bad equipment since you cant get shots like AJC's of KROC, but you can do a lot, and still take amazing photos, and if you love it and see a future then you can invest more into it. August you have an amazing creative eye and youre naturally talented so i know you can excel with photography as long as you keep at it and try to get better. Its crazy to look at photos from early 14 and then seeing stuff i was doing a year or two later
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I use a rebel t3i and while it works, it's nowhere near the level of camera required to get the pics I'd like to be getting. Plus, it was embarrassing using a $300 camera on the floor at SX :oops:
TGphoto
Team: TGphoto / Adept

Post by TGphoto »

KTM57 wrote:You will need to have a decent body, but your lens is going to be a bigger factor in most cases at an entry level. Most people I know have gone Nikon or Canon based on availability of lenses. (i.e. mom or my friend has a Nikon and will sell me/let me borrow this lens) Lately all of my photo major friends at school have been telling me they are switching to Canon, which is disheartening because I just invested in a Nikon setup a few months ago!
I wouldn't worry about your friends switching to Canon. Canon is releasing cameras right now at a faster rate than Nikon, but I'm not worried about it. IMO, Nikon puts out better high ISO images (less noise detected) and truer RAW colors than Canon. I've seen a lot of people switching to Sony more than anything because of their lineup of mirrorless cameras. While the mirrorless cameras are awesome and put out great High ISO, low light photos, the AF speed lacks a bit in my opinion. The technology just needs to advance a bit before I debate about making that switch from Nikon.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

How will I borrow all their nice lenses when they don't fit my camera? :lol:

Thanks guys, I love the Cooper shot as well.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Canon master race! :lol:

I think the difference between Canon and Nikon are pretty negligible.

Your primary concerns should be just developing your skill as a photographer and investing in quality glass.

Once you get to the point to where a body matters, you'll own either a 1DX or a D5 (for sport or journalism), and both brands are amazing at that level...
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
DL.17

Post by DL.17 »

So I want to get a decent camera for bmx moto and like landscape photos. What camera would be pretty good for those things under $1000?
Like my content? Donate here: https://www.paypal.me/DLdesigns1

ryxn wrote:
Hmmm whats that smell....? Bullshit!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

DL.17 wrote:So I want to get a decent camera for bmx moto and like landscape photos. What camera would be pretty good for those things under $1000?
Probabaly the rebal series of Canon, they just announced a new 77D which is a more entry level camera, not sure what the Nikon equivalent is.

Here are some snaps from this afternoon. I think I'm making some progress, I went out with my glasses and I think they helped a ton too.

Just waiting to get to shoot with a Getty snapper now in Feb, hopefully it happens, I'll get to learn a metric fuck ton :|
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com