Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
barrington314
Team: me

Re: Photography

Post by barrington314 »

Cool shots Mikey. What are you shooting with and what kind of settings for a scenario like that? I want to start trying to shoot our MiLB team here.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

barrington314 wrote:Cool shots Mikey. What are you shooting with and what kind of settings for a scenario like that? I want to start trying to shoot our MiLB team here.
Probably some of the best photos I've taken have been for our rookie league Yankee affiliate. Sucks that I lost all of them due to a hard drive crash, but I guess it's what I get for not using a cloud backup.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

DBRider251 wrote:
barrington314 wrote:Cool shots Mikey. What are you shooting with and what kind of settings for a scenario like that? I want to start trying to shoot our MiLB team here.
Probably some of the best photos I've taken have been for our rookie league Yankee affiliate. Sucks that I lost all of them due to a hard drive crash, but I guess it's what I get for not using a cloud backup.
Which team is it? Ours is a Yankee affiliate. You aren't in Charleston, are you?!
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

barrington314 wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
Which team is it? Ours is a Yankee affiliate. You aren't in Charleston, are you?!
No, No. Ours is in Pulaski, VA. They're basically kids out of college or high school trying out for the Yankees. They have 1-2 years to prove they can play pretty well. We've had a couple players make it out of here up to the Riverdogs, but I think that's as high as they've been.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
AJC396
Team: Carcaramo Racing

Post by AJC396 »

Another photo that I took of Coty Schock from Unadilla just a few weekends ago. Would love some feedback! Sorry Imgur destroys the quality.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Canon 80D & 300mm f/2.8. Shooting crop sensor under terrible light is tough: 1/1000 sec, f/2.8, ISO 3200 - Can't really push it anymore than that, 1/1000th of a second is the golden rule for frozen action so going lower to 1/800th can be a waste for just a 1/3 of a stop of extra light.

I'm assuming those games will also be under lights at some point too but you really want to be shooting full frame ideally 1dx/d5 and also you need a fast lens... all expensive stuff.

I don't know what you're shooting with now Barrington but absolutely invest in quality Lenses first.

Quinn, one of the two Getty staffers was rocking this setup (D5 + 400 f/2.8) for tonight's game + another 2 cameras, so fucking sick
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Yea no full frame for me any time soon. I have 77D right now. And just a Sigma 17-50 2.8. On the search for 70-200 2.8 atm. Can't do a brand new Canon. Too expensive for all I'll be using it for. I was hoping to find one before this weekend and trying it out at the MXGP. Searching craigslist in the cities that I'll be passing through. :lol:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah a 70-200 is still legit and like I said before a must have. Just sucks if you need that super far reach other wise it'll do you fine!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

Image_MG_3461-2 by sapelgas, no Flickr
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Dawson24 wrote:
Image9W6A1027
Just FYI, when you are shooting Architecture/Buildings you are going to want to fix the keystoning/perspective distortion/lens distortion. There are certainly times when you wouldn't if you are shooting a building from the ground looking straight up or something really artistic is of course ok. This type of shot though looks much better corrected.

Here is an example, I hope you don't mind I edited your photo. There are tons of good tutorials but let me know if you have any questions, Architecture is my thing.

Imageperspective_distortion
CrossFlow Racing#16

Post by CrossFlow Racing#16 »

Just some skids

Dawson24
Team: Vital MX Honda

Post by Dawson24 »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Dawson24 wrote:
Image9W6A1027
Just FYI, when you are shooting Architecture/Buildings you are going to want to fix the keystoning/perspective distortion/lens distortion. There are certainly times when you wouldn't if you are shooting a building from the ground looking straight up or something really artistic is of course ok. This type of shot though looks much better corrected.

Here is an example, I hope you don't mind I edited your photo. There are tons of good tutorials but let me know if you have any questions, Architecture is my thing.

Imageperspective_distortion

Never even thought about that, thanks!
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Dawson24 wrote: Never even thought about that, thanks!
No problem. Best bet is to keep the camera level if you can, if not just make sure to give yourself a little buffer in the framing of the shot because you are going to have to crop some of it once the distortion is fixed. Make sure to fix it before cropping otherwise it is going to be really hard to get right.

No more buildings about to fall over :D
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Works KTMs on American soil... drool

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.