Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
barrington314
Team: me

Re: Photography

Post by barrington314 »

So what I was getting at is kind of the point Devin is making. Depending on your body, you might be better off investing that money into glass and waiting on upgrading the body later. I've owned a few different crop sensor bodies now (both nikon and canon) and from very bottom of the line to now more top of the line and new. I wish I would have saved my money and stayed with the much cheaper body. Aside from some new features that I rarely ever use, (wifi, touch screen, etc.) I notice no difference in the photo quality. And actually my new body might perform worse in low light than one of my previous cheaper bodies.
However, if you NEED to shoot video, it could be a deal breaker as I don't think many older bodies will do 60 frames at 1080. They will probably be 30. But 60 frames at 720 probably isn't that bad while you get more experience.

Anyhow, as someone who is also still learning a lot and is really just getting into it, that is my take on it. Everything probably also depends on what kind of photography you mainly will be focused on.
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

Thanks for the comments guys, I’m not quite sure what I’m gonna be using it for or what I’m going to be specifically taking shots off, but I just wanted to get into it because I enjoy photography.
damon99
Team: MXSG

Post by damon99 »

AHeckman2 wrote:Thanks for the comments guys, I’m not quite sure what I’m gonna be using it for or what I’m going to be specifically taking shots off, but I just wanted to get into it because I enjoy photography.
This was my first DSLR and while I didn't have it very long, It was very good at both video and photography. I've gotten some pretty good shots on it and it can do 1080p @ 60fps.
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Fo ... ikon+d3300
TylerMaillet
Team: Privateer

Post by TylerMaillet »

AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

damon99 wrote:
AHeckman2 wrote:Thanks for the comments guys, I’m not quite sure what I’m gonna be using it for or what I’m going to be specifically taking shots off, but I just wanted to get into it because I enjoy photography.
This was my first DSLR and while I didn't have it very long, It was very good at both video and photography. I've gotten some pretty good shots on it and it can do 1080p @ 60fps.
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-Fo ... ikon+d3300
Nice I was actually looking at that one.
Team: CANVAS

Post by 317 »

TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

How do I post images if they're too large? Do y'all resize them?

Post by 317 »

TylerMaillet wrote:How do I post images if they're too large? Do y'all resize them?
I usually resize all my photos to 1300 width in Photoshop or Lightroom!
TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

317 wrote:
TylerMaillet wrote:How do I post images if they're too large? Do y'all resize them?
I usually resize all my photos to 1300 width in Photoshop or Lightroom!
Aight I'll try that.

Post by 317 »

Then use Imgur to upload and leave the 'sizes' option at the bottom on Original and copy the direct link.
TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I've gotten away with using my rebel all these years. Hell, I even got onto the floor at SX using that body! A better camera helps, but I'd focus on getting a solid lens. I don't have a great lens, it gets the job done for misc photography and local events, but I have to rent a nicer lens for professional events. I should have saved money while I had a job and buy it for good, but lesson learned I guess. I'll definitely be upgrading once I get a job, then maybe I'll hit photography hard in a professional aspect more-so than a hobby.
TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

Ddavis wrote:I've gotten away with using my rebel all these years. Hell, I even got onto the floor at SX using that body! A better camera helps, but I'd focus on getting a solid lens. I don't have a great lens, it gets the job done for misc photography and local events, but I have to rent a nicer lens for professional events. I should have saved money while I had a job and buy it for good, but lesson learned I guess. I'll definitely be upgrading once I get a job, then maybe I'll hit photography hard in a professional aspect more-so than a hobby.
How do you manage to get on the floor of SX? I used to have a rebel but just upgraded to an 80D. I don't have a crazy good lens (working on getting one). I've always wanted track access and such for nationals/sx
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

TylerMaillet wrote: How do you manage to get on the floor of SX?
I know a guy..
TylerMaillet

Post by TylerMaillet »

Ddavis wrote:
TylerMaillet wrote: How do you manage to get on the floor of SX?
I know a guy..
Someday I will do dat :P It is hard to take pics at SX from the stands. I've taken decent ones at the national tho.