Photography

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Ddavis

Re: Photography

Post by Ddavis »

AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

So I purchased this- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8 ... UTF8&psc=1

And they sent me a D3400 :shock: I was slightly bummed because I actually wanted the 3300 so I could attach an external mic, not sure what to do lol
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I'm posting my photography to a new Instagram page.

Follow @devindavisphoto
AHeckman2
Team: Heckman Productions

Post by AHeckman2 »

First day messing with my camera, very amateur I know :lol:

Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Guys I'm 95% into filming but wanna start doing photography in MX aswell for my website.

I own a FS700 for years now and bought a Sony a7sII recently to shoot with my Ronin.

Well, for photography I only have a 70-200, 2.8 Tamron. The problem is that its not a full-frame lens and I would lose quality changing into the APS-C mode in camera. Is it worth to invest around 1000 bucks to buy a Canon 70-200, 2.8 lens or should I go with the Tamron?

I would appreciate any tips.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I have been shooting with a 70-200 on a crop sensor and it's alright. I would love to shoot full frame, but I'm OK with not spending thousands of dollars to do so. You can always upgrade if you decide to become a photo guy instead of a video guy.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sib43 wrote:I only have a 70-200, 2.8 Tamron. The problem is that its not a full-frame lens and I would lose quality changing into the APS-C mode in camera.
Do you mean using a full frame lens on an APS-C body?

I don't think it makes a difference at all outside of losing x1.5/6 worth of DOF. The only quality you would notice is the difference between a FF sensor and an APS-C one.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Mikey wrote:
Sib43 wrote:I only have a 70-200, 2.8 Tamron. The problem is that its not a full-frame lens and I would lose quality changing into the APS-C mode in camera.

I don't think it makes a difference at all outside of losing x1.5/6 worth of DOF. The only quality you would notice is the difference between a FF sensor and an APS-C one.
No... I have a full frame body and a APS-C lens. But the camera itself (sony a7sii) has a APS-C mode option to use. Obviously I would lose some quality.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Sib43 wrote:
Mikey wrote:

No... I have a full frame body and a APS-C lens. But the camera itself (sony a7sii) has a APS-C mode option to use. Obviously I would lose some quality.
You can just shoot full frame anyways. Crop in post if you get some vignetting, the biggest difference is just the quality of the glass isn't going to be as good.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

My mistake, I wouldn't of even thought there was an APS-C 70/200 in existence!

Because it's Sony, I'm assuming going to an APS-C mode is all completely electronic, so I honestly don't think there would be any negative effects whatsoever outside of what I've mentioned above, then the quality of your image will only be a result of the quality of glass and then the sensor which I'm sure is top notch.

That's how I think it would work, then again, I'm not a Sony guy at all. I just don't think it would be a feature if right off the bat it would harm image quality.

One of the younger guys at Getty here in Melbourne that's been doing it for a couple years now just moved to London to become the Tottenham Spurs photographer aswell as a stringer, I bloody hope in a few years I can do that same and move to somewhere like the UK or US, I was so stoked to hear how his career as progressed like that.
My photography work
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Sorry for the DP. Make sure to check this one out full resolution, stitched a bunch of portrait shots together to get a huge panorama!

ImageWinter Sunset Over The Pacific by Jason Stewart, on Flickr
Sib43

Post by Sib43 »

Mikey wrote:My mistake, I wouldn't of even thought there was an APS-C 70/200 in existence!

Because it's Sony, I'm assuming going to an APS-C mode is all completely electronic, so I honestly don't think there would be any negative effects whatsoever outside of what I've mentioned above, then the quality of your image will only be a result of the quality of glass and then the sensor which I'm sure is top notch.

That's how I think it would work, then again, I'm not a Sony guy at all. I just don't think it would be a feature if right off the bat it would harm image quality.

One of the younger guys at Getty here in Melbourne that's been doing it for a couple years now just moved to London to become the Tottenham Spurs photographer aswell as a stringer, I bloody hope in a few years I can do that same and move to somewhere like the UK or US, I was so stoked to hear how his career as progressed like that.
Thanks for the tips Mikey. Your images are on point. So if you work hard you will make it.

I worked hard the last years and now finally I got a job to promote the Austrian championship and to make videos for KTM :)

Good luck!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sib43 wrote:
Mikey wrote:My mistake, I wouldn't of even thought there was an APS-C 70/200 in existence!

Thanks for the tips Mikey. Your images are on point. So if you work hard you will make it.

I worked hard the last years and now finally I got a job to promote the Austrian championship and to make videos for KTM :)

Good luck!
Thanks for the kind words Sib.

That's also really good to hear. Hopefully next you'll be a full time GP snapper living the dream!
My photography work
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

APS and full frame is so irrelevant it isn't even funny.. Learn the size of the sensors and you will quickly realize how small the difference is from APS to full frame.

It's basically a marketing tactic and a dick measuring tactic. I shoot APS and I guarantee no one here would even notice :lol:

And Mikey, you're killing it man