Dislocated shoulder asking tips and rehab methods

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
jasper125

Dislocated shoulder asking tips and rehab methods

Post by jasper125 »

So i dislocated my left shoulder on a week ago and im curious if someone sufferd this before and how did you get it ready to ride again?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Dislocated shoulder asking tips and rehab methods

Post by Phathry25 »

Keep it in the sling for as long as your doctor says!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's where I went wrong. Although it feels fine your muscles and tendons aren't recovered fully yet. If you resume use too soon they will never heal properly.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

After you're cleared you should work your shoulder out a lot and lift so that the muscle will hold it together and make it less easy for your shoulder to pop out again
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Phathry25 wrote:Keep it in the sling for as long as your doctor says!!!!!!!!!!!!
This. Dont try and move it around or anything, it will make it worse.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
m121c

Post by m121c »

Once you're past the healing stage, work on strength as ehm said. What my physical therapy place stressed with me was stability, I did a lot stability exercises that involved body weight and control such as push ups on a BOSU ball, or push-ups with a medicine ball under the hurt arm and just the ground for the other, things like an arm bike, this thing called a body-blade, throwing/catching a medicine ball, etc. If you have physical therapy available I would take the opportunity, at first I thought it wouldn't be tough enough and it was just for old people, but they are like personal trainers when you go there, at least the one I went to was.
WellsMX524
Team: Aspect Visual Co.

Post by WellsMX524 »

Robert196 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Keep it in the sling for as long as your doctor says!!!!!!!!!!!!
This. Dont try and move it around or anything, it will make it worse.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

Yeah i gave it some rest for a week that is what my physical therapist said and i still have to give it some rest this week but i must do 5 drills a day of holding the bad shoulder at a 90 degree angle for 10 seconds. And wednesday i will start with the rehab program but my physical therapist said it will be probally 3 months till im back riding again.

how long did it take for you guys to get back on the bike?
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

A little less than a week for me. But it wasn't the right thing to do and ended up badly. After 3 dislocations the cup of cartalidge that the should sets in was pulled off the bone and floating. Couldn't ride for more than a minute before my entire arm would go numb because the bone on bone rattling and general looseness of the situation. Besides being able to dislocate it voluntarily as a sweet party trick I would have people hold the top of my shoulder with one hand and my humerous with the other and then move it around so they could hear/feel it rattling around. Aaahh good times. Lol.

One week of rest sounds too short for a dislocation. Did you separate your shoulder instead?
Jaruro38
Team: DP26 RB KTM FACTORY

Post by Jaruro38 »

Last tuesday I had surgery on my left shoulder because of that, just be patient and very carefull. :cry: