2014 AMA Outdoor Nationals Discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DouglasRoyal
Team: Privateer

Re: 2014 AMA Outdoor Nationals Discussion

Post by DouglasRoyal »

Phathry25 wrote:Way to completely miss his point August. After I made the point that you could consider Flintstone vitamins a PED he suggested that only drugs proven to hurt the people taking them should be banned. It's one of those where do you draw the line things.
That's walking a fine line... the same could be said of fatty food, right? Cholesterol causes heart attacks, so ban cheeseburgers? Common sense should prevail.

At the end of the day it's up to the riders to use common sense.
Obviously rules and regulations become more strict as the sport progresses, just like anything else. One guy pushes the line, something terrible happens, any other rider with a brain is going to take a step back.
If it's illegal, test for it (if possible), and discipline the rider.

I'm not saying you are wrong, we both have an opinion, that's why we are posting. I enjoy the discussion. :)
DouglasRoyal
"batallions of riot police with rubber bullet kisses, baton courtesy, service with a smile." :)
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

I take back what I said August. You were right, I was wrong. This guy is an idiot.
DouglasRoyal

Post by DouglasRoyal »

Phathry25 wrote:I take back what I said August. You were right, I was wrong. This guy is an idiot.
Explain?
DouglasRoyal
"batallions of riot police with rubber bullet kisses, baton courtesy, service with a smile." :)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Well, you're basically saying that riders should not show caution until something bad happens to another rider, which I don't think is a great idea. Phathry's probably joking to some degree.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

No. I am always serious.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Phathry25 wrote:I am always serious.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
DouglasRoyal

Post by DouglasRoyal »

KTM57 wrote:Well, you're basically saying that riders should not show caution until something bad happens to another rider, which I don't think is a great idea. Phathry's probably joking to some degree.
If that's how it was taken, then I failed at explaining it.

Let's say I was put on a regimen of supplements to train, I personally would want to know what I am taking, and spend some time on the internet looking for myself. In my mind that is common sense.
Alternatively, I do not ride for a living, at such a competitive level, for insane amounts of money. Given those circumstances, I may take anything to get an edge on the competition.

I am not saying to wait until something happens, I'm saying be responsible for what you put into your body. The fact is, you're stuck with it for your entire life.
DouglasRoyal
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Gotcha. Hard to understand that you're talking about doing research (although I'm not sure if I would trust the Internet when tampering with my blood) when you say stuff like this:
DouglasRoyal wrote:One guy pushes the line, something terrible happens, any other rider with a brain is going to take a step back.
DouglasRoyal

Post by DouglasRoyal »

I can see that.
The main point was common sense. Be aware of what you are doing to yourself.
scheeve3 wrote: That's a terrible thought process. What are you going to do when a rider dies? Ban him from the series?
And doping is a slow killer. Now you look healthy, till you quit your career and the pills, become obese and die from a broken artery...
I think that is where the confusion started.
Doping is a slow killer, if you know that, what's to stop the riders from knowing that? I don't believe that riders need to be babysat.
A little common sense, knowledge, and responsibility will go a long way.
If they have time to check twitter/email, then they have time to do some google searches and ask some questions.

Hopefully that makes sense.
DouglasRoyal
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

KTM57 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:I am always serious.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

$10 says Pourcel doesn't finish the season.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Robert196 wrote:$10 says Pourcel doesn't finish the season.
Ill take that bet. He WILL finish, just 6 rounds early ;)
Got ya
Tanner Rogers
kevin131mx

Post by kevin131mx »

Robert196 wrote:$10 says Pourcel doesn't finish the season.
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

dylan22 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:...bastard...loser...attitude.
You've been going on about him since he showed the Aussies his backside and had to be literally taken out of the SX series by Moss for them to win. Since I never see your name in the lineup, I guess you're too good to prove that you're nothing but a whiny little no-talent ass clown kid without an objective viewpoint. Now go EAD.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
dylan22 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:...bastard...loser...attitude.
You've been going on about him since he showed the Aussies his backside and had to be literally taken out of the SX series by Moss for them to win. Since I never see your name in the lineup, I guess you're too good to prove that you're nothing but a whiny little no-talent ass clown kid without an objective viewpoint. Now go EAD.
Me?