MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
nickuzick

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by nickuzick »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

aeffertz wrote:IIRC, there's just a reset button.
I figured there was something like that, I'm just an idiot lol :oops:
Aggressively Mediocre Image
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

Im starting to get a little better. Can finally throw some decent whips but Im still a noob. Got on a server and totally got owned by Teeds and someone else. Gonna keep playing in testing for now :D
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

Donut simulator 2016.
shanebell
Team: Privateer

Post by shanebell »

I play this all the time. Say hi if you see me online.
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Having a little fun with this, I tried a beta a while ago (game still had my profile for it) and I figured I'd try the new beta. Getting a little better at it but it still seems like I have very little control of the bike. For example in the air steering just seems like it turns the bars and doesn't move the bike (I'm using auto lean since steering and leaning separate would be way too hard with my controller setup, which is the same as what I use for mxs). Direct lean is at 25%, feels a little better than 15. Leaning forwards and backwards doesn't seem to do much, I tried going through the rollers on MXB Club leaning 100% forward, then the next lap 100% backwards and it felt the same. Maybe the camera not moving with the rider forwards and backwards is messing me up, being so used to mxs. Also the bike seems like it doesn't know what to do when it hits bumps, it seems very erratic. Casing a jump I can sometimes just bounce off like I would expect, then the next lap I case it and do flying flips. Same with taking off of jumps, I can do backflips thinking I'm just going to do a seatbounce. I haven't gotten under the minute barrier at MXB Club yet, I think my best is a 1:01.2.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

yzmxer608 wrote:Having a little fun with this, I tried a beta a while ago (game still had my profile for it) and I figured I'd try the new beta. Getting a little better at it but it still seems like I have very little control of the bike. For example in the air steering just seems like it turns the bars and doesn't move the bike (I'm using auto lean since steering and leaning separate would be way too hard with my controller setup, which is the same as what I use for mxs). Direct lean is at 25%, feels a little better than 15. Leaning forwards and backwards doesn't seem to do much, I tried going through the rollers on MXB Club leaning 100% forward, then the next lap 100% backwards and it felt the same. Maybe the camera not moving with the rider forwards and backwards is messing me up, being so used to mxs. Also the bike seems like it doesn't know what to do when it hits bumps, it seems very erratic. Casing a jump I can sometimes just bounce off like I would expect, then the next lap I case it and do flying flips. Same with taking off of jumps, I can do backflips thinking I'm just going to do a seatbounce. I haven't gotten under the minute barrier at MXB Club yet, I think my best is a 1:01.2.
Sup Yz!
For air controll i really encourage you to use manual leaning, in order to take berms you can lean but i always use the leaning just for scrubbing and whips, nothing else.
Direct lean is ok at 25, try to keep stability at around 80-100.
Regarding the rider movement, i think that still needs some work, the mass movement (front and rear) is not enough yet, altrought is getting better, it´s also a camera problem, camera is really... jerky? :lol:
For seat bounce and the oppossite i recomend to actually sit in the bike, and when your at the mid of the jump shape stand up, it will give you a nice boost, same if you want to catch a jump fast and land close, go at full speed, standing up and in the lip of the jump seat, it will send you flying closer :)

Hope it helps a little, another thing, try to dissable deformation for now, it makes things slippery. :lol:
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=686.0

Cheers!
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Thanks for the tips! I'll try that out and see :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I tried it again, like the 3rd or 4th demo I've downloaded, and after the first demo I downloaded I got trash talked so much by that forum I'm not sure why I keep giving it a try. Once again I can barely make it to the track, everything feels wrong. I've far too much time to learn MXS stabilizer and I don't have the time or effort to put into learning another, and this one feels so much stiffer that I don't care to becuase I don't think it will ever surpass what I already know. If this game ever took on a more arcade, pick-up-and-play style like a Reflex I wouldn't even worry about a demo and just buy it as I think it has huge potential in being an "arcade based in the real world" type of game but until that happens I've written this off again.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Big Smooth one3

Pumaxcs wrote:... and after the first demo I downloaded I got trash talked so much by that forum I'm not sure why I keep giving it a try.
How dare they! What kind of internet forum would treat innocent noob's trying to learn so harshly! I certainly can't think of any...
:mrgreen:
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I wish they that it was because I was bad at the game... There is no way I'm worse than Phat. :lol:

Pages 5-7 are ugly.
http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=34.60
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Big Smooth one3

I couldn't get past the 4th post down before I found this gem, which was posted on FEBRUARY 10, 2014:
MXB oracle wrote:obviously after watching these quick videos, i can tell you that mx sim will be no more within a few months.
It's this kind of intellectual genius that the world needs more of. Spot on with that prediction...this modern Nostradomus also mentioned that...
same kid wrote:i for one am super excited to see the end of mx simulator. i personally have always been scared to create an account on there forum or even play multiplayer after playing single player for 4+ years.
Scared to merely create an account AND play online? lol I almost feel bad for the kid...

That thread has to be pure entertainment if this is the 4th post down on page 5. I might have to start from the beginning the next time I get bored at work.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

You mad that MX Bikes is better?
Big Smooth one3

Phathry25 wrote:You mad that MX Bikes is better?
Said #1 guy on the shit list :P
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

They are both great games, in different ways. I feel like Mx sim is a lot faster and more tuned with making racing as good as it can be. MX bikes is a lot slower and takes a huge amount of technique to go fast. I enjoy playing MX bikes more atm but if i were to rate the two right now I'd say that Mx sim is still a better package, but the future for Mx bikes is looking fantastic :)

It's ok to like both guys, you don't get points for being a fanboy.