MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by Pumaxcs »

The MX Bikes thread has turned into a MXS development thread. lmao :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Phathry25 wrote:Ugh! Custom, that's surely going to take development time away from GP Simulator.... :evil:
Not really though. Coding in javascript is way easier than C so it should speed development up. Anything that has to be written in C for efficiency reasons would likely be small anyway.
Wahlamt wrote:Speaking of which, have there been any new development on the new stock models? Or has that come to a halt?
Pretty much stalled during the whole DDoS fiasco. Really needs to be the top priority since that would help sales the most. Just want to get scripting done first.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

jlv wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Ugh! Custom, that's surely going to take development time away from GP Simulator.... :evil:
Not really though. Coding in javascript is way easier than C so it should speed development up. Anything that has to be written in C for efficiency reasons would likely be small anyway.
Good. Sounds like it'll open up time for development on Flat Track Simulator. :D
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Just picked up MXB and man i love it, it's actually a lot of fun. you just have to break through the initial wall of being completely horrible. its completely different so it took about an hour or two of riding to get used to the bike etc but now i feel like i am relearning sim haha i can do a couple laps consistently
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Look out JLV!!! Beta 8 just dropped and you're now outta the business bud. Better just hang it up and make the last update. :twisted:
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I would say it's my primary competition. The other mx games just go in for a quick cash grab and are abandoned afterwards. So kudos to MX Bikes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mcguire103
Team: Privateer

Post by Mcguire103 »

it took 9 months for an update and seems like they did nothing at all about net code. riders are still bouncing everywhere and it just looks terrible. physics are better and its my favorite mx game for sure but its disappointing to see they haven't done shit about net code. i just dont see the point in the updates if you cant race online.
TeamHavocRacing

In this case jlv, I wish there could be collusion and collaboration to create a Frakenstein. Your physics, erode and "netcode" with his enviros, models and interface. Hmmmm? A Hoof-Boso summit?
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

Guys...

Yes, it´s electric
Yes, it has one gear
Yes, it´s up to oem specs (weight, weight distribution, engine power, curve and torque, center mass, etc.)
yes, it has the 4 alta mappings aswell

it´s great, try it!

On another note, Mx Bikes Beta8
Is great, way more stable, no so much bouncing around so physics wise is going great!
online is good, because doesnt crash as much, but there´s still a awfull lot of warping, online is the main problem being tackled at beta 9, so keep on riding! :D
TeamHavocRacing wrote:In this case jlv, I wish there could be collusion and collaboration to create a Frakenstein. Your physics, erode and "netcode" with his enviros, models and interface. Hmmmm? A Hoof-Boso summit?
That would be interesting, to be honest i think that piboso´s implementation of erode is better, works in a fantastic way, just needs bulldozing and voila!
mx sim´s netcode y waaaaaaay, waaaaaay better, so kudos on that, and regarding physics, i dont like that in mxsim you cant lean to the sides, just kill the vibe for me, but mx bikes feels forced at times with some forces of the virtual rider, perhaps a mix of the best of both worlds would be cool
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
Sir, where are the whips?

But I do need some settings, seems like you have it dialled.
TeamHavocRacing

There's kind of one in the beginning. That was a pure speed attempt and this is my first solid week of riding that game. I'm just beginning and will loosen up as time goes by. :oops:
TeamHavocRacing

Wahlamt wrote:But I do need some settings, seems like you have it dialled.
I cut the comp damping in half, stiffer springs by 3 clicks, almost maxed out on rebound damping, more preload and oil. Every bike the same changes almost.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

There is no way thats what that thing actually sounds like is it?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Kevin haha, sounds like they changed a normal bike sound to being higher pitched and quiter. It even has a rev limiter! :lol:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.