MX Bikes demo

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
m121c

Re: MX Bikes demo

Post by m121c »

Phathry25 wrote:
m121c wrote:How can you be sure of that? I know he has 2 other simulators right now but you can't know forsure how the development will be. If you are speaking in terms of MXS... well when was the last major update? Ground shaders?
Lol. Yes. Graphics are the only updates that count, right? Shit, they're the only reason to play any game....

Anywho, while we can't be 100% certain we can use the past to guess accurately. Mainly based on the fact that MX Sim and GP bikes came out within a year or so of each other. Look at where MX Sim is now versus where it began. GP Biles to the untrained eye is still the same game it was 6 years ago.

Also, it's three other simulators. And he's said recently that GP Bikes is selling better than even so no reason to update it. Even though due to a half cocked physics change it is almost unplayable.

It almost seems as if you're offended by our comments. Trust me no offense is meant, we just want a sick MX game to play. Just because we are realistic about it doesn't mean we don't wish them the best.
I'm not offended at all, just scratch at my head at the negativity towards a new motocross simulator and the people that are so quick to harshly judge. I'm a fan of MXS just as much as anyone else but I won't be a fanboy that is blind to any other game.

Mx sim wasn't no master piece right off the bat either, MxB have stressed time and time again before release the physics are rough and need a lot of work. Heck if wasn't for all the content creators MXS has/did have, "to the untrained eye" it would look verily similar then it did in it's early years also.

Oh, and yes graphics are a very big part of a video game.. In my own opinion at least half the sale. I wasn't saying the last graphical update for sim either, just what I think was the last big update for the game. Can you remember any snapshot since ground shaders that has changed this game enough for you to remember what it was? I honestly can't.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Lol. Now I'm a fan boy. Okay. Bye.
DK662

Post by DK662 »

I remember when I hated MXS at much as I do MXB right now! I think MXB has great potential.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

m121c wrote:Can you remember any snapshot since ground shaders that has changed this game enough for you to remember what it was? I honestly can't.
Yes:

Ability to raise max dab speed to 60ft/s was added just before SX season. This affected the way SX is ridden in a pretty big way.

Nazis got their ability to encrypt stuff with scrams. You in particular should remember this.

Setups can no longer be changed while moving more than a couple inches every second.

We can now control the volume of other bikes on the track relative to our own.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

KTM57 wrote:
m121c wrote:Can you remember any snapshot since ground shaders that has changed this game enough for you to remember what it was? I honestly can't.
Yes:

Ability to raise max dab speed to 60ft/s was added just before SX season. This affected the way SX is ridden in a pretty big way.

Nazis got their ability to encrypt stuff with scrams. You in particular should remember this.

Setups can no longer be changed while moving more than a couple inches every second.

We can now control the volume of other bikes on the track relative to our own.
You can now add your own custom set of gates to one specific track. (cant forget to mention that.)
m121c

Post by m121c »

Ability to raise max dab speed to 60ft/s was added just before SX season. This affected the way SX is ridden in a pretty big way. - Never even changed mine so I guess I never realized it did much... seems kinda stupid you can dab your foot at 60 ft/s (about 40 mph) on the face of a jump, but hey that's just me.

Nazis got their ability to encrypt stuff with scrams. You in particular should remember this. - Not very big in terms of functionality to the game but I would say a pretty good addition to the game, good one though can't believe I forgot it.

Setups can no longer be changed while moving more than a couple inches every second. - Yet again not very big in terms on how the game actually works, just shut up the bitching and moaning from other racers and stopped E-Clair from his shenanigans.

We can now control the volume of other bikes on the track relative to our own - Yet again not very big for me, haven't touched it at all and in terms of realism is not realistic at all.

The gate thing is pretty cool though. I'm talking BIG updates, features you would list when you are trying to sell the game, you wouldn't list "can't change setups while moving" in your game features would you?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

m121c wrote:I'm talking BIG updates, features you would list when you are trying to sell the game, you wouldn't list "can't change setups while moving" in your game features would you?
k
m121c wrote:Can you remember any snapshot since ground shaders that has changed this game enough for you to remember what it was?
Phathry25 wrote:Bye.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Maybe im late here but to the untrained eye MXS is basically the same since the day i got it in 2011.....
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Just played the demo for two hours, 30 minutes of that was trying to figure out how to get to the track without something retarded happening. I'm going to have to be pretty mad at MXS before I install that game again.

Plays just like GPB did with that awful stabilizer. I am aware that MXS was hard, knew it before alot of people that it was, but I was literally doing things that make no sense like leaning slightly left, front end figs and completely compresses, springs up and turns to the right and then the game stabilizes me and I fall to the left. Me trying to get out of the damn tent and through the gate was me frustratingly dealing with that. Once to the track I was met by an unforgiving beast with turning again this time feeling completely distant from my front wheel as it swivels underneath me from left to right in a turning and stabilizing fit unsure of if I want to go with the turn or straight. Jumping is another monster of its own, I had setup my controls to do leaning at first and then turned it off thinking I am the one doing all the damage and let auto lean do it job but I was endoing so hard off of everything and these are some tiny singles I'm hitting, in no way should I be able to ride the front wheel on a jump that size unless I try to. I messed with zero settings, game defaults other than setting up my controller and out of my 2 hours and I believe 5 laps my fastest was a 3:17.9.

I see why everyone believes it can be good, the visuals are truely nice and the settings with track options and rider/bike options seem deep. However, visuals can only be taken so far and from what I've seen when I played GPB and looking at it today this is as far as it goes, not that its a bad thing as it has more than MXS does so comfort yourself in that fact but ground shadows and AA isn't what makes me buy a game. The rider/bike options are deep but I remember people complaining about the advanced menu tab saying that it was to much and takes the fun out of the game so whatever that means. His UI is fantastic, I have no faults in that what-so-ever and would love to see an update in MXS like that.

For me this game was about what I expected it to be and if *your happy with what *you played then good for *you but I imagine the placebo effect will become worn off and *you'll see the same issues and nit picky things that *you guys "left" MXS for and ran to the other side of the fence for MXB. 3/10 would not play again.

*I have not read comments in this thread since page 1 and have not caught up. When I refer to others it is me speaking to the people of MXB and their forums, not a single name or person was thought of when I wrote it. If the shoe fits and you want to take the title and be offended or defend your position, be my guest.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
pulse

Post by pulse »

Pumaxcs wrote:Just played the demo for two hours, 30 minutes of that was trying to figure out how to get to the track without something retarded happening. I'm going to have to be pretty mad at MXS before I install that game again.

Plays just like GPB did with that awful stabilizer. I am aware that MXS was hard, knew it before alot of people that it was, but I was literally doing things that make no sense like leaning slightly left, front end figs and completely compresses, springs up and turns to the right and then the game stabilizes me and I fall to the left. Me trying to get out of the damn tent and through the gate was me frustratingly dealing with that. Once to the track I was met by an unforgiving beast with turning again this time feeling completely distant from my front wheel as it swivels underneath me from left to right in a turning and stabilizing fit unsure of if I want to go with the turn or straight. Jumping is another monster of its own, I had setup my controls to do leaning at first and then turned it off thinking I am the one doing all the damage and let auto lean do it job but I was endoing so hard off of everything and these are some tiny singles I'm hitting, in no way should I be able to ride the front wheel on a jump that size unless I try to. I messed with zero settings, game defaults other than setting up my controller and out of my 2 hours and I believe 5 laps my fastest was a 3:17.9.

I see why everyone believes it can be good, the visuals are truely nice and the settings with track options and rider/bike options seem deep. However, visuals can only be taken so far and from what I've seen when I played GPB and looking at it today this is as far as it goes, not that its a bad thing as it has more than MXS does so comfort yourself in that fact but ground shadows and AA isn't what makes me buy a game. The rider/bike options are deep but I remember people complaining about the advanced menu tab saying that it was to much and takes the fun out of the game so whatever that means. His UI is fantastic, I have no faults in that what-so-ever and would love to see an update in MXS like that.

For me this game was about what I expected it to be and if *your happy with what *you played then good for *you but I imagine the placebo effect will become worn off and *you'll see the same issues and nit picky things that *you guys "left" MXS for and ran to the other side of the fence for MXB. 3/10 would not play again.

*I have not read comments in this thread since page 1 and have not caught up. When I refer to others it is me speaking to the people of MXB and their forums, not a single name or person was thought of when I wrote it. If the shoe fits and you want to take the title and be offended or defend your position, be my guest.
titties
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Although i've finally gotten the hang of the shotty physics, this game has a long way to go in order to be anywhere close to MXS.

Being smooth with the throttle and turning really helps. I've been able to increase my tight corner speed just by being smooth.

Best lap so far is a 2:07. Can't seem to top it.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Man, look what can transpire in just 1 day on this subject! I bought Kart Racing Pro and eventually GP Bikes but will wait for you guys to develop MX Bikes before I try it. Bye.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Brina927
Team: Whipstyle

Post by Brina927 »

If I could setup the controls settings the way I want to I might actually like it. But i'm pretty much stuck with the keyboard until it's hopefully fixed.
My Stats
Discord: MxBrina#9694
jlv wrote:Team Motosport Honda's Brina made MX Simulator history as she became the first woman to take a win in a major series.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Yeah nah, it's weird. I turn right and then it like throws me over but I'm barely moving. I struggle so hard just because it keeps auto centering and being weird.
Hi
camillozockt
Team: Privateer

Post by camillozockt »

i think it's GPB physics with a little changes !! feels like im riding a gsxr600 with offroad tyres !! can't even rear wheel steer (like in GPB) , i mean....come on , didn't they watch a motocross footage on youtube or even ride a dirtbike ?
front end washes out.......i don't even now why ? it's just like in GPB when the front washes out ! if you put a gsxr600 model and a road track , i think it would almost feel the same as gpb

even the bug when the model falls through the map is the same , lol ! tbh i had fun the first hours because it's something new , but now it's very boring , it has no dynamic ! graphics looks very nice !

and jumping..........? and the fact that you can't even poweslide it out of the turn is fatal ! i understand it's beta , but they could have made the physics a little more like motocross and not GPB

i think they should update it as fast as possible , because in 6 months the interest will fade