Lifting

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
ddmx

Lifting

Post by ddmx »

I'm just curious who here lifts on a regular basis, what excercises you like the most, and if you take any supplements to support your lifting. I'll start it off

3 days a week
decline/regular bench, curls, nose busters, and lat raises
I used to take protein after lifting, and creatine 3 days a week, but I can't afford it anymore, haha
lluks252

Re: Lifting

Post by lluks252 »

I work out a little bit each day. I have this copper tubing (little bit bigger than the grips on my bike), with a hole drilled through it, then a string attached to a 5 or 10 lb. weight at the end of the string. I roll it up and down 10 times each day. I use this for the forearms and wrist, the forearm WILL get huge using this method; if you use it regularly. Also, if you can use a rowing machine, those are really good for the back and upper body. I normally just do push ups, sit ups, & crunches. However, a friend that i race with, doesn't workout at all, he works construction, so that is a workout, in and of itself.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I do a all Calisthenics style workout.

It's designed for Navy Seals, but I've modified it for my Marine Corps training.

http://www.pytlik.com/escape/navyseals2.html

I basically cut out the swimming, that's it (not because I don't like to swim, but Vermont is cold as hell, and I don't have enough time).
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

3 days a week, consisting mostly of compound lifts with a barbell. Squats, deadlift, overhead press etc. Managed to get up to 5x5 110kg squats before I hurt my back. Now I'm slowly climbing back up, if this damn flu ever gets off me that is! :evil:
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
brent26
Team: OverTheEdge

Post by brent26 »

monday wednesday friday- lift and other days i ride bike. i bench press, curls, and squat. Our school is too cheap to buy the good lifting equipment so thats what i got. Besides doing pushups and suchh thats wat i do. :D
LuizH

Post by LuizH »

Used to do till last month but i got too many stuffs at school this one so i stoped
i was using creatine and i used to run every day too
FORMER SUPERCROSS LEGEND
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

That seals workout is nuts the farther you get into it voutare! 20 sets of 20 pushups? Whoa. I just listed my favs, but my workout pretty much consists of:
rowing machine first
regular bench 3 sets
decline bench 2 sets
lat pull ups 3 sets
shrugs 3 sets
curls 4 sets
abs
pectoral fly 3 sets
military press 3 sets
nose busters 3 sets
knapp21
Team: Privateer

Post by knapp21 »

gary semics once said "you either want to have big muscles or you want to race motocross, there is no inbetween" if anyone wants to get serious about muscle endurance then get his training and diet video.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

If you saw me before I started lifting, even gary semics would say, "damn kid hit the weight room." I eventually want to get to about where mike alessi is, but compensated for my weight. 155-160 lbs and less than 8% body fat.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Voutare wrote:I do a all Calisthenics style workout.

It's designed for Navy Seals, but I've modified it for my Marine Corps training.

http://www.pytlik.com/escape/navyseals2.html

I basically cut out the swimming, that's it (not because I don't like to swim, but Vermont is cold as hell, and I don't have enough time).
Are you compensating any other workout for the swimming? The swimming part of that training is very important because swimming works all your muscles at the same time. Its great for endurance.

When i was playing soccer in college, did 30 minute swim sessions 3 times a week during preseason. We would do 15 minute continuous then sprint laps for the remaining 15 minutes. Its crazy stuff but swimming is really great for you.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
chez

Post by chez »

I use to before school started back but I have no time now I get home at 4:30 start homework at 5:00 finish at about 6:30 then study until atleast 8:00.
I get a half day every wednesday so I go riding then and I guess that could be counted as a work out .
Its not so bad though last year of school before university so I have to make an effort and I have lots of time left until the exams. (start middle of next June)
KTM
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Moving this mouse keeps me pretty fit :lol:

Nah, I ride my mountain bike everywhere, and started playing netball, they are keeping me pretty fit. But as for weights n stuff, I really dislike that sort of working out, I just get bored. Probably do a bit of swimming with the upcoming summer though.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

I do upper body Monday, wednesday, friday.
Lower body tuesday, thursday.

Basically for upper body, 4 sets of 10 reps benching, Curling, etc etc.
Lower body i just do the machines
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

and as far as supplements go i normally drink a protein shake before/after. or if i dont have access to a protein shake then i've always got a protein bar handy in my backpack. (i go to the gym after school)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Have you tried the big 100's? Or the snickers marathon bar? The marathon bar is like an energy drink candy bar, haha.