Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
KTM57

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by KTM57 »

Looking to sell my old case. It's been sitting around for a while, and I have no use for it.

Cooler Master Storm Scout. Pretty spacious for an ATX mid tower. Nice little side window. Fans have red LEDs. Handles on top make it ideal for transport. Audio port in the front panel doesn't work quite right.

Some of the good pictures I have of it:

Stock photo:

Newegg page with the information.

Thinking $60ish. It's 2 years old.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

This might sting considering the last post...

Corsair Obsidian is coming out with a mid-tower solution now, 450D.

Then this one might sting to all those invested in AMD. Next nVidia driver update has better performance than AMD cards using Mantle on Mantle supported games.
http://wccftech.com/nvidias-directx-11- ... benchmark/
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Dammit, forgot one last thing. nVidia GPU conference starts in a little under an hour. Hopefully should hear some G-sync and GTX 800 news. I'll update after the review write ups happen. :D
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

If anyone has copious amounts of money looking to build something insanely stupid... I want in.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/21024/cross-01/#blank
MXS Cares
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

Post by MotardMatt220 »

i have a CM Storm Scout and my bloody 770 wouldn't fit in lol

had to cut some of the drive bay etc out
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Unfortunately the hinge-joint of my 2009 MSI gaming-notebook broke last week when I was setting it up for playing some MX Sim at my parents house... Since I wanted to upgrade my setup anyways and didn't want to get all the MXS files and stuff on my Mac which I mostly use for work, I finally decided to build me a new computer rather than putting any more money in fixing the outdated notebook. I've already decided on most parts but need some help on which the gpu I should get. My price limit was actually 650€ for all I need but if the additional money on better parts is worth it I'd go for 700€ max. This is what my configuration looks right now.

Bitfenix Prodigy 60€
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3 200€
ASRock B85m-ITX Intel B85 So.1150 Dual 60€
530 Watt Thermaltake Hamburg Non-Modular 35€
GeiL 8gb DDR3-1600 CL11 Ram Single Module 55€ (got the exact same one in my old pc that I'm not using any more. so 16gb should be fine)
Everything else is already there. This includes a 256gb ssd, a 2tb WD HDD, a BluRay drive and Win 7 Professional as OS of course.

I'm just not sure on what graphics card I should get. my budget is 250€ and for that money I could get a AMD Radeon XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation with 3072MB or a Gainward nVidia Geforce GTX770 with just 2gb VRAM. Benchmark wise they're pretty similar so that's what I'm struggling with for a bit :D what do you think? Any suggestions for my above listed configuration? and which graphics card should I get?

Thanks a lot,
Lars
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Have you chosen server hardware for a specific reason?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Yeah sure :D The Xeon is pretty similar to the i7 4770! just without integrated graphics and 200mhz less clock. It's been a pretty popular solution for saving some money on the processor even though it's 60€ cheaper and fit's right on any 1150 main board.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Ah, OK. I wasn't sure if you had done that on purpose or not.
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

Yeah that was totally on purpose :D so what gpu would you recommend for that price?
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I personally love my NVIDIA GPU for stuff like Shadowplay and GeForce experience. I'm using a 4GB 760 and an i7 3770k, and my setup works great for running MXS and all the other games I play on moderately high settings. I do get close to 2GB of vRAM usage in some games, so it's nice to have the 4GB available even though the GPU itself isn't really strong enough to fully utilize all of it. 3GB is probably the sweet spot for me.
geecomonster
Team: Privateer

Post by geecomonster »

Hey guys i'm planning on buying a new pc and for this i wanna built one by myself but
im not really sure on what parts to use so is this a good setup or not ?
Motherboard : Asrock 970 Extreme4
Proccesor : AMD FX-8320 Black Edition 8-core 3.5Ghz
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB DIMM DDR3-1600
Graphics Card : MSI GTX 770 2GB DDR5 Twin Frozr OC
HDD : WD Purple 2TB
Driver : LG Blu-ray burner
Power Supply : Corsair CS750M
Case : Corsair Carbide 200R Window
it would come on something like € 1100, is this a good setup or could i get something better for the price ?
lars@crossmag

Post by lars@crossmag »

KTM57 wrote:I personally love my NVIDIA GPU for stuff like Shadowplay and GeForce experience. I'm using a 4GB 760 and an i7 3770k, and my setup works great for running MXS and all the other games I play on moderately high settings. I do get close to 2GB of vRAM usage in some games, so it's nice to have the 4GB available even though the GPU itself isn't really strong enough to fully utilize all of it. 3GB is probably the sweet spot for me.
Thanks for the reply man! Yeah I'm probably going for the R9 280X.. it seems to be a better deal tbh and I'm getting Battlefield 4 and Thief for free in that bundle as well.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

WD Purple? As in the 24/7 security approved HD? Why does your HD need to be on that much? A blue or black is more in your range of uses. You didn't list the socket type of the ASRock but AMD uses AM3+ and Intel uses 1155/1150, since ASRock makes the same boards for both with different sockets make sure you have the AM3 one.
MXS Cares