Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:Im going to be doing tri monitor setup soon, along with a new PC. Do I, 3 GPUs, 2 GPUs, or 1 really good GPU? Any new "gotta have" setups for 3 monitors? I really havent shopped around much as far as the monitors or mounting goes.
Wait for the new nVidia stuff to come out. You don't necessarily need multiple GPU's for Triple monitors unless your thinking of going 4k?
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

If you are getting 3 to game on with surround I'd recommend at most two, games don't really have the scaling worth going over SLI. If you are only using 1 monitor for games and the other two just visually there I see no need to go over 1 card as just displaying the screen will not take up anything from the card's performance of the game.

What size screens are you looking into? Even though 1080p is the new thing for console scum its kind of on the way out in PC and feels like a minimum these days. 1440p is comfortable that cards today can still run it without being dragged down the way 4k does.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Ill actually mainly be using it with stock trading platforms Puma. But wouldnt rule out gaming. :wink: I have a 23" monitor now. This size isnt bad but for sure nothing smaller.
Need it to be crystal clear. Cant be mixing up 3's for 8's and what not. lol.
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:Ill actually mainly be using it with stock trading platforms Puma. But wouldnt rule out gaming. :wink: I have a 23" monitor now. This size isnt bad but for sure nothing smaller.
For that 1440p would be more than enough if not overkill but I would wait and see what the new 900 series from nVidia brings. I wouldn't doubt to see more optimization towards 4k..
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

When is that stuff supposed to be out?
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813132125

What do you guys think of that motherboard for a i7 4790k?

Would it be good for overclocking? or could i get a cheaper one and still overclock just as good? it will be watercooled
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Hi Im Skyqe

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

barrington314 wrote:When is that stuff supposed to be out?
I am hearing from multiple people now that they will be released at EGX (Sept 25th-28th)

Tony, that is the motherboard that I have. I'll sell you my processor and motherboard if you would like. :lol:
Jayaym # 119
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Jayaym # 119 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813132125

What do you guys think of that motherboard for a i7 4790k?

Would it be good for overclocking? or could i get a cheaper one and still overclock just as good? it will be watercooled
Thats the mobo im getting... the reviews seem to be good. i would get a warranty deff.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
barrington314 wrote:When is that stuff supposed to be out?
I am hearing from multiple people now that they will be released at EGX (Sept 25th-28th)

Tony, that is the motherboard that I have. I'll sell you my processor and motherboard if you would like. :lol:
so its good? fuck yeah! i did gooooooood!
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

barrington314 wrote:Ill actually mainly be using it with stock trading platforms Puma. But wouldnt rule out gaming. :wink: I have a 23" monitor now. This size isnt bad but for sure nothing smaller.
Have you looked into the 21:9 ratio monitors? It basically two monitors pushed together without a bezel in the middle. I thought about it but for the most part the screen refresh rates are not good enough for games.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Pumaxcs wrote:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/894 ... ud-how-to/

Was thinking about my rad placement again and stumbled across this. I want a bottom mounted that way there is less tubing and a cleaner loop but my PSU might get in the way but, I might be able to conjigger something up with this shroud and possible get enough clearance for both front and bottom. Maybe? I'm still looking at it and I'm not infront of my PC so I have no actual measurements. Still looks like a cool idea that might make the cut and add another thing to my mod list.
Well using it to add another 240 isn't going to work because of my PSU and wires. I would be smashing the wires in and don't like how tight of a fit it would end up being no matter how i orientate it. Still like the shroud idea and might help hide some of the longer runs of the loop.
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I made a custom bracket for 3 80mm fans in my render nodes case over the weekend. Finally got the fans and got to slap it all back together, painted the front of the case while I was at that (because I scratched it while drilling the vent holes in the sides oops). For some dumb reason this case only had 1 case fan a 80mm mounted in the top of the case as an exhaust. I was able to move that to the back exhausting and 3 80mms as intake from the front and I doubt I will have temp problems anymore. Anyways, onto the pics!

DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

I finally gave in and decided to quit being cheap with my CPU and get an i5. What do you guys think of this build? Should I keep the R7 260X or go for a 750 Ti? $600 budget for right now.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.55 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Zotac H67ITX-C-E Mini ITX LGA1155 Motherboard ($83.80 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($72.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB Video Card ($114.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $599.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-17 17:58 EDT-0400

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FBxNsY) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FBxNsY/by_merchant/)
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

Super cheap motherboard and its not an unlocked (OC capable) motherboard so getting the unlocked i5k is doing no good. Why go with an i5 that old as well?
MXS Cares
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

Going mITX is costing you money as well. mATX would be a better bet IMO.

So I am still having temp issues with my Render Node build, now its the Mosfets that are overheating. I guess the FX-8350 is the very limit of the Mosfets. Ordered some heatsinks hopefully that does the trick if not it looks like it will be a new case and motherboard. Every minute or so the board goes into overheat protection and drops clock speed to 1.33ghz. Lame! I feel kinda dumb for spending $20 on heatsinks for a $60 mobo but if it works that will be fine.