Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by mxsrider96 »

Overclocking the 970 is super simple, so if you're looking for more performance, I'd say go for it. Can't speak on the i5's overclocking, however
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
Racing299
Team: Flex Factory Racing

Post by Racing299 »

mxsrider96 wrote:Overclocking the 970 is super simple, so if you're looking for more performance, I'd say go for it. Can't speak on the i5's overclocking, however
Would I just go into the EVGA precision app and move the sliders up? How can I tell if it did anything?
dbaum25moto wrote:
MaicoBreako wrote:Plus it has a horn.
That horn is the greatest technological achievement by any manufacturer in the history of offroad motorcycling. My bike is super quiet, allowing me to sneak up behind my friends and scare the shit out of them.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Run a benchmark like Uningine Valley or Heaven. Use this to see how other systems around your spec stack up. In most cases these numbers posted are already OC'd so its also a good place to see what your stuff can push. Then move the power slider up, and the temp slider up (I put mine all the way up for power, 87C for temp), you can also edit the fan curve if you'd like but stock should be able to OC. Then compare your before and after scores to see how your OC plays out, it might be a big improvement or not as much. There are also games with benchmarks like Tomb Raider or GTA but complied scores for them are a bit more sporadic and not as easy to find.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
John23

Post by John23 »

A new PSU fixed his problem!

Question from me now. I am going to be buying a 240GB SSD as my boot drive and for some steam games, and photoshop/Premier Pro. Is there a way I can remove the OS from my HDD and do a clean install of windows 10 onto an SSD. I don't want to have to wipe my drive and restart fresh.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

I'm pretty sure that Windows activates to your MB MAC address. You switching drives shouldn't affect it any.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
John23

Post by John23 »

Pumaxcs wrote:I'm pretty sure that Windows activates to your MB MAC address. You switching drives shouldn't affect it any.
So if I installed Windows 10 to my SSD, it would automatically remove the old 8.1 install from my HDD? And I'm also in the market for a new RAM kit. RN I have an 8GB DDR3 1600 kit from Corsair. If I'm going to upgrade, should I go to 16GB? Will I notice any performance difference?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

When I used to OC gpus I'd use furmark, nothing would stress it more than that so if it would do ok there I know I'd have no problems on anything else. First sign you go too far is too much heat if you up voltage or artifacts start showing.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

John23 wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:I'm pretty sure that Windows activates to your MB MAC address. You switching drives shouldn't affect it any.
So if I installed Windows 10 to my SSD, it would automatically remove the old 8.1 install from my HDD? And I'm also in the market for a new RAM kit. RN I have an 8GB DDR3 1600 kit from Corsair. If I'm going to upgrade, should I go to 16GB? Will I notice any performance difference?
It won't remove anything just create a new one. Once you are running a new partition of Windows you can delete old Windows folders from the HDD. You can either get another matching kit of RAM and use quad channel or you can get new sets for dual channel. It depends on your usage if you will notice any difference.
MXS Cares
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

I've found 16 gigs very useful when doing 4k-6k work in PS, On big templates it can still be not quite enough, but not bad enough to get 32 gigs. If you use Photoshop alot, then go for it.
John23

Post by John23 »

dbaum25moto wrote:I've found 16 gigs very useful when doing 4k-6k work in PS, On big templates it can still be not quite enough, but not bad enough to get 32 gigs. If you use Photoshop alot, then go for it.
Okay. Which 16GB DDR3 kit do you think is the "best". I'm looking at the hyper x fury kit.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

I like Gskill personally, the price is a little cheaper in my experience. They just released a bunch of colors of their Trident that look sick.

What is in your system now? Can't you just add another pair for 16gb? No sense in throwing out what you already have.
John23

Post by John23 »

I have some corsair 1600 stuff. does my 970a support quad channel? there's 4 slots, but I thought it only supported dual channel
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

John23 wrote:move the OS from my HDD onto an SSD. I don't want to have to wipe my drive and restart fresh.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
dbaum25moto
Team: DBD

Post by dbaum25moto »

Personally, I prefer corsair anything, In my experience they have high quality stuff no matter what you buy. Do you have a color scheme going? Ill put some sets below.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-me ... 2a2400c11r

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-me ... 2a2400c11a

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-me ... m2a2400c11

Non-corsair options

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-mem ... 0c11d16gxm

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-m ... 4c11srk216

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-mem ... 0c11d16gsr

Those are all some pretty decent options. Take a look through to see if any match your scheme / budget.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Post by SMR 510RR »

John23 wrote:I have some corsair 1600 stuff. does my 970a support quad channel? there's 4 slots, but I thought it only supported dual channel
Not sure, check your mobo manual.