Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by LKR47 »

KAWASAKIZ wrote: Yeah... So why aren't Amd cards taking advantages?
What do you mean by this? OpenGL is just a graphics library like DirectX or Vulcan, but it's cross platform while DirectX is only for windows. Usually, performance depends upon the game and not the card necessarily.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

dbaum25moto wrote:Has anyone here ever been booted into a temporary account? With only like 5 of your files? Happened to me like 3 times today, but has worked since. Any Ideas what could have happened?
This is probably not really related, but almost. Tried to install windows 7 on a friends laptop a while back. Before anything, there was 3 accounts on the pc I believe, however it always did bring the same up for login, never prompted with anything else. All the sudden after a failed w7 install (had huge amount of trouble just booting the pc..), when I got to log in, it was another account. I couldn't even switch accounts to the other one. Even though this isn't helping, it's at least one more case of windows 10 (I assume you have) messing up user accounts.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

On The Pipe wrote:
Midbeck wrote:Just got myself a new system

CPU: Core i7, 6700K Skylake + Corsair H80 watercooling
Motherboard: MSI Z170-S02
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Aero OC
RAM: 16gb Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 2133mhz
SSD: Samsung Evo 250gb
Storage: 3tb wd blue
Did you take advantage of the m.2 ssd slot on your board?
It's something I'm looking to upgrade to in the future.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

RAM's gotten cheap. Everything else is still expensive. Except HDD's.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

M.2 ssd's are pretty salty right now. It's nice not having to deal with cables and drivers. The only real benefit so far for me has been in Red Orchestra. Basically I can take marksman damn near ever round lol.

Might have to upgrade to 16gb of ram for bf1? Hope they fixed the mem leak from the open beta. 16gb seems overkill for recommended. Hell most of their specs are over the top.

So I got my lg monitor a few dead pixels in the bottom right not a deal breaker. However I have a horizontal line of pixels across the middle of screen that are somewhat bright. Is this just where they joined the monitor or a defect? Not really noticeable depending on the colors being displayed.
KAWASAKIZ
Team: Privateer

Post by KAWASAKIZ »

LKR47 wrote:
What do you mean by this? OpenGL is just a graphics library like DirectX or Vulcan, but it's cross platform while DirectX is only for windows. Usually, performance depends upon the game and not the card necessarily.
Amd cards are way faster than Nvidia ones in OpenGL games (take a look at Minecraft), i can't understand why in MxSim Nvidia is waaay better
I5 4460 @3.2Ghz (Stock), 8Gb Ram (4x2) HyperX Fury @1600 mhz, H81M Plus, XFX RX 470 4Gb Black Edition, Corsair VS650w, Apevia X-Hermes (soon 750D)
mack| spokes
Team: Onlyfansracing

Post by mack| spokes »

KAWASAKIZ wrote:
LKR47 wrote:
Amd cards are way faster than Nvidia ones in OpenGL games (take a look at Minecraft), i can't understand why in MxSim Nvidia is waaay better
Does it honestly matter? i've played mxs on an i5 6600 with a gt610 (nvidia) and it ran the game smooth asf, mxs runs on cpu more than gpu as most people know but honestly most people that have switched from amd to nvidia say its alot better and runs tons better in mxs but amd cards are a bit of a low blow like the 480 competing with a 970 its all bs.
jlv wrote: Either way, for a suicidal rampage it was pretty good.
MXSEMF
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

KAWASAKIZ wrote: Amd cards are way faster than Nvidia ones in OpenGL games (take a look at Minecraft), i can't understand why in MxSim Nvidia is waaay better
Can you show me a chart that says so? I dont really think it's appropriate to use minecraft as an example since there are other factors that impact performance with minecraft. Im not very familiar with AMD cards but Ive seen tons of benchmarks comparing the 480 vs 1070.
Like I said it depends on the game. Nvidia beats AMD everytime in doom running Vulcan which is opengl's predecessor. Like Mack said mxs is mostly cpu processing and theres not much demand on the gpu. Ive been running heavy post processing with my graphics settings cranked all summer during nats on my 970, but I dont have an amd card I can test on sim.
cale726
Team: ks1999

Post by cale726 »

Upgrade to i5 was complete.
jlv wrote:This unban is going to last maybe two days...
I figured I'd give him a chance after winning the 450 main. Bad idea I know.
mack| spokes

Post by mack| spokes »

cale726 wrote:Image
Graphics card and ram next?
MXSEMF
Ezra
Team: Privateer

Post by Ezra »

KAWASAKIZ wrote: Amd cards are way faster than Nvidia ones in OpenGL games (take a look at Minecraft), i can't understand why in MxSim Nvidia is waaay better
Im fuckin ded...put a fork in her, shes cooked.
All opinions expressed by this account are unofficial, and should be taken with a grain of salt
cale726

Post by cale726 »

mack| spokes wrote:
cale726 wrote:Image
Graphics card and ram next?
Yes sir, finished drivers I think... for the motherboard. Would 500 watts be good for a 970 and 16gb of ram?
mack| spokes

Post by mack| spokes »

Maybe bump it to 550-600 and it won't bottle neck
MXSEMF
cale726

Post by cale726 »

mack| spokes wrote:Maybe bump it to 550-600 and it won't bottle neck
arg, not about that wire life lol