Whats your pc?

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
onefoureight
Team: Not Splitfire

Re: Whats your pc?

Post by onefoureight »

Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
KAWASAKIZ wrote:I just finished my friend's build. Gonna upload a couple photos in next days. That's awesome.
I5 6600K (Oc'ed to 4.0Ghz).
Custom loop for cooling, 240mm radiator (just for cpu).
ASrock Z170 Extreme4.
1Tb Wd Blue+120Gb Kingston NowV300.
Asus Gtx 1080.
Evga 600W.
S340 White.
Why go with a 1080 wouldn't a RX480 have been a better choice?
KAWASAKIZ wrote:Yeah for sure 480 would have been a better choice, but hes a shitty nvidiot
If I'm already laughing my ass off, I know Peters gonna be crying.
2015 Australian Supercross 450 champion | rF Villain | Wolf Pack Racing Leader | CBL Gaming
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

onefoureight wrote:
Hi Im Skyqe wrote:
KAWASAKIZ wrote:I just finished my friend's build. Gonna upload a couple photos in next days. That's awesome.
I5 6600K (Oc'ed to 4.0Ghz).
Custom loop for cooling, 240mm radiator (just for cpu).
ASrock Z170 Extreme4.
1Tb Wd Blue+120Gb Kingston NowV300.
Asus Gtx 1080.
Evga 600W.
S340 White.
Why go with a 1080 wouldn't a RX480 have been a better choice?
KAWASAKIZ wrote:Yeah for sure 480 would have been a better choice, but hes a shitty nvidiot
If I'm already laughing my ass off, I know Peters gonna be crying.
I mean I didn't expect anything less. :lol: Who wants excessive FPS anyhow once its above 60 it doesn't matter -AMD.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

What is going on? How could a 480 possibly be better than a 1080? :?
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

aeffertz wrote:What is going on? How could a 480 possibly be better than a 1080? :?
For some reason, Kawa swears up and down that AMD is hands down better than nVidia. He's wrong, but he thinks he's right.

So I upgraded my computer this weekend.
I was running an fx 6350 cooled by a hyper 212 evo on a Biostar ta970 motherboard and had 8 gbs of G Skill Ripjaws X RAM until it started going bad and had to buy 16 gbs of Hyper X Fury.
Now, I'm on Intel (thank Christ). Got the Pentium G3258, on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, still cooled by the hyper 212 evo and still with that same Hyper X RAM (would've gone Skylake, if I hadn't just bought DDR3 RAM). The G3258 is stock at 3.2 ghz, but it over clocks like a FUCKING DREAM. Got it to 4.4 100% stable with 1.35 volts, 60 degrees max temp under full load for 20 minutes. Hoping to get it on water sometime soon and try to push it a little bit farther.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

mxsrider96 wrote:
aeffertz wrote:What is going on? How could a 480 possibly be better than a 1080? :?
For some reason, Kawa swears up and down that AMD is hands down better than nVidia. He's wrong, but he thinks he's right.

So I upgraded my computer this weekend.
I was running an fx 6350 cooled by a hyper 212 evo on a Biostar ta970 motherboard and had 8 gbs of G Skill Ripjaws X RAM until it started going bad and had to buy 16 gbs of Hyper X Fury.
Now, I'm on Intel (thank Christ). Got the Pentium G3258, on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, still cooled by the hyper 212 evo and still with that same Hyper X RAM (would've gone Skylake, if I hadn't just bought DDR3 RAM). The G3258 is stock at 3.2 ghz, but it over clocks like a FUCKING DREAM. Got it to 4.4 100% stable with 1.35 volts, 60 degrees max temp under full load for 20 minutes. Hoping to get it on water sometime soon and try to push it a little bit farther.

Nice! I think I had mine at 4.5 and it did perform pretty well in most things! The dual core ended up bothering me though, since I wanted to play the new Forza games and at the time a dual core just wouldn't work. Snagged an i5 a few months later. :lol:
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I don't do many things that need more than 2 cores, so it should be good for a while, but I have plans to either snag a 4790k or just skip that and build the latest Intel system in a few years
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

I had MXS guys (Mostly Puma) build my desktop and its been fantastic. About to buy a new laptop. Primary use is Adobe video editing with 4K-8K RED files. Currently looking at this. (Want good battery life.)

You guys have any opinions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... gnorebbr=1
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Motoagogo
Team: Privateer

Post by Motoagogo »

supercross711 wrote:I had MXS guys (Mostly Puma) build my desktop and its been fantastic. About to buy a new laptop. Primary use is Adobe video editing with 4K-8K RED files. Currently looking at this. (Want good battery life.)

I honestly love MSI laptops yet some would say ASUS is a bit better. I actually really like the new Razer laptops as well. I know their keyboards are not the best yet I have heard nothing but praise for their stealth and pro laptops. I would look into them as well. Also a 1070 or more will be perfect for what you need, so you are on the right path.
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Lnxa »

Finally built a new computer a few weeks ago after using a potato for so long.

i5-6600k @ 4.3GHz
Asus 1060 6GB
GIGABYTE GA-Z170
ADATA SP550 240GB
Seagate 1TB
Deepcool DUKASE V2
Rosewill Photon 650
HyperX Fury 8GB
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

supercross711 wrote:I had MXS guys (Mostly Puma) build my desktop and its been fantastic. About to buy a new laptop. Primary use is Adobe video editing with 4K-8K RED files. Currently looking at this. (Want good battery life.)

My first good PC was a MSI GT780DX and it served me well. I think MSI has the best laptops for the money. That said, no laptop with that kind of power is going to leave home without it's charger. These aren't ultrabooks, they are power hungry so just go into it expecting that.

My other concern would be file transfer times. I am not up on video processing and all that but I would make sure that you are going to have a port that would allow for quick transfers. I guess you would throw some large SSDs in it for working storage? Regular laptop drives are going to be really slow for large files like 8k video.
supercross711

Post by supercross711 »

Transfer time isn't a large concern of mine. I honestly always see that as a good time to relax for a few minutes since I typically transfer files as soon as I get home from a shoot. I just ordered that MSI last night so I'm glad you guys seem to like it, haha.

The only reason I like battery is for the constant NC to CA flights...
P2sta wrote:Read it again, you are going full are going full 'meurican here.
Bryce#313

Post by Bryce#313 »

Planning on finally building a pc, thought black friday would be the perfect time. Here's my list so far, btw the prices are in CAD
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Sup guys !

I am thinking of upgrading some parts tomorrow with the black friday

Here is my rig : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/phildoyon/saved/xKwXsY

1st: video card - looking to improve to a 1060 6gb ... or should i go AMD ?

2nd: should i add a cpu cooler since its cheap?

3rd: add 8gb of memory?

Last: might buy a 144hz monitor

I mainly play mxs + bf1 and csgo for fun!
Phil Doyon #423
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

1st - Playing BF1 this should answer your questions

The 1060 6GB is ~$230 while the 480 is ~$200 so not a huge difference. Considering the support for DX12 being better on AMD though I'd lean for it.

2nd - Is it hot? Its not need since its non OC. If you were to get one I'd get a downward draft one to get some benefit of also cooling the VRM, like these.

3rd - I wouldn't unless you need it. Just save $50 for a upgrade towards DDR4.

4th - As you can see by the benchmark in BF1, a 1060 or 480 won't get over 100 FPS. No sense in getting a monitor like that without the hardware to push it.

I like your Bryce. Good luck with it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

The 1060 will be much better in MXS than the 480 however. The only situation where AMD bests the Nvidia comparable card is in DX12. Not too many games will be strictly DX12 yet so I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket.

144hz would be a nice upgrade and your hardware IS good enough to support it.. It will especially help you with screen tearing in MXS. FPS does not directly correlate with what hz monitor you should run.

In my opinion go with a 1060 with a aftermarket cooler to be nice and quiet.

More memory will help you in BF1.